Inktober 2022 Recap

Inktober 2022 Recap

I'm here once again to share my Inktober drawings from last month. If you don't know, Inktober is a month long drawing challenge where you do one drawing a day using an ink instrument of some sort (like a pen). There's a list of prompts to follow if you want or you can draw whatever. I always enjoy doing it and then share the results here on the blog.

P.S. I have an art instagram if you're interested in seeing more of my art and bullet journal stuff. My handle is rachel.e.art.


Day 1- Gargoyle

I didn't look up any references or anything, just made this up off the top of my head. It came out strangely sexy? We're off to a good start.


Day 2- Scurry

We have this cute little mouse girl. I did need a reference for this one, but I think she's really cute and I'd love to play around with more animal creatures.


Day 3- Bat

A cute little bat. I realized later I missed the perfect opportunity to draw Batman, but this guy's pretty cute too.


Day 5- Flame

For flame, I drew my favorite member of the Fantastic Four- Johnny Storm. I tried to copy Chris Evan's version, but I'm not sure it looks like him.


Day 6- Bouquet

I had some extra time this day, so I drew a zentangle bunch of flowers. I don't love the stems but it was relaxing to do.


Day 7- Trip

My mom suggested a VW bus for this prompt. I was nervous to try it because cars are hard. But with a reference, it was actually one of my favorite drawings from the month.


Day 8- Match

Rather than doing a regular match, I drew a chess match. The proportions aren't quite right, but I love this drawing too.


Day 9- Nest

This was inspired by a Pinterest image. A little nest in a mason jar.


Day 10- Crab

Isn't he cute! I'm in love. My little crabby boy has a top hat.


Day 11- Eagle

Birds are not my strong suit. This one looks a little sussy.


Day 12- Forget

A potion of forgetfulness. I've been playing around with potion bottles lately, but I still haven't perfected my technique to a point I like.


Day 13- Kind

For some reason, I thought today's prompt was hope, so I did this Emily Dickinson quote. Even if it wasn't the right prompt, I enjoyed doing it.


Day 14- Empty

I decided to do a negative space drawing for this one. I found an idea on Pinterest to copy and I loved doing it. It did hurt my brain thinking backwards. Still, another of my favorites from the month.


Day 16- Fowl

You know I had to draw Artemis Fowl for this one. Is it good? I'm not sure. I did the whole thing without any pencil guidelines.


Day 17- Salty

This is a little inside joke/quote from the Poiema camp I go to. Most people won't get it, but that's okay.


Day 18- Scrape

Since I love to use the scraping technique on pumpkins, I decided to draw that. The shading didn't bring the lighting out that good.


Day 19- Ponytail

Not my best work, but I kind of had to bang this one out quickly. She's kind of cute, though.


Day 20- Bluff

A kind of weird bluff over the ocean. It could have probably used more shading.


Day 22- Heist

While it didn't come out quite right, I do love this one. I feel like it tells a story, which I love.


Day 24- Fairy

I nearly forgot to draw the wings on her. I wanted it to be more whimsical, but you make do with what you have time for.


Day 25- Tempting

A delicious cupcake is incredibly tempting to me. I loved this one too and playing around with the different types of shading.


Day 26- Ego

Brainy Smurf has a huge ego. This isn't a great drawing of him, but I think it's recognizable.


Day 27- Snack

A small cup of fancy pudding. Can you tell I enjoyed doing more stippling this month?


Day 28- Camping

I don't camp, so I didn't really want to do this day. I made this little camping vignette all the same.


Day 29- Uh-oh

I enjoyed drawing this one a lot. And then I realized I misspelled oops and now I kind of hate it. I guess it fits the prompt, though?


Day 20- Gear

I didn't have a lot of time this day, so it was a weird looking gear. It looks more like a flower.


Day 31- Farm

A precious scarecrow boy pointing the way to the farm. Simple, but cute.


Which day or days are your favorite? Have you done Inktober before? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

Popular Posts