November 2022 Recap

November 2022 Recap

The end of the year is upon us. I feel like my November was much busier than October was. Also, it's been colder than normal for Maryland at this time of year. A tiny part of me hopes this might bring a white Christmas, but I'm not counting on it.


•My mom and I went to see Ticket to Paradise while my sister was out of town. We had a great time seeing the movie and getting pizza together.

•We hosted eighteen people for Thanksgiving. It was a lot, but in the best way. I made cupcakes and the mashed potatoes (my specialty).

My Thanksgiving outfit

•Our family and a friend's family went to the National Air and Space Museum in DC, which just reopened. I was in charge of the five-year-old, which was fun. She was upset she couldn't ride all the planes.

My museum buddy

•Our local skate park was closed most of the month for renovations, so I didn't get to go skating much. Sad, but I'm looking forward to seeing what they did with the place.

•And since I hadn't carved my pumpkins when I posted last month's recap, here are the two I carved this year. Oogie Boogie and my own design from Over the Garden Wall.




Jo and Laurie- Margaret Stohl and Melissa de la Cruz (4 stars)

Splintered- A. G. Howard (4 stars)

A Forgery of Roses- Jessica S. Olson (4 stars)


Into the Dark- Claudia Gray (4 stars)

Wishtress- Nadine Brandes (5 stars)

The Final Gambit- Jennifer Lynn Barnes (4 stars)


Ticket to Paradise (really funny, George Clooney and Julia Roberts are gold together)

Toradora (cute romance anime)

Rush Hour 2 (still funny, a little racier than the original)

Rush Hour 3 (my least favorite, the one character is very disrespectful toward women)

Now You See Me (twisty, magician fueled heist movie)

Never Have I Ever, season 3 (solid, looking forward to the last season)


Querying: All my original queries are either rejections or no response. So this week I'm working on sending out a second batch.

Editing: I finished Lost Magic this month. It's about 63k and could be better, but it's getting there. Once I finished, I took a two week writing break and now I'm about to dive back in to a new project.


This month's posts include:






I finished my Nya drawing, bringing me to the end of my Ninjago series. I think she came out very cute and spunky.


This is a quote art I did from Vigilante Sh*t from Taylor Swift's new album. I had a lot of fun working on the eye.


And lastly, I started a new series! Drawing Disney Princesses in outfits from the year their movie came out. First up we have Snow White in a dress from 1937.



•Have a wonderful Christmas. My first not working retail. I plan on enjoying it.

•Prep for the new year. My new bullet journal is already on its way.

•Start editing again on An Octopus Ate My Homework.


How was your November? Did you have a good Thanksgiving? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. Ooh, this is a great book list! I'm definitely hopping over to see what you thought of A Forgery of Roses (on my TBR) and Wishtress (which was definitely 5 stars from me as well) more specifically.

    Now You See Me is SUCH a fun movie!

    I'm sorry your first batch of queries didn't go as hoped. I'll be praying for this second batch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now You See Me was really fun and twisty. As for querying, I didn't honestly expect to get much from batch one, but I'll keep praying God leads me to the right agent at the right time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts