April 2019 Recap

April 2019 Recap

April has been a pretty busy month for me, but I've done some fun stuff too, so I'm excited to share those with you. This is also one of my favorite times of year, because I love watching everything come back to life. Spring is by far my favorite season. All the beautiful green leaves and colorful flowers, plus warmer weather.


What I Did

• Went to see the cherry blossoms! I took about 180 pictures that day, so I won't put them all here, but I will share a few pics. I also did some family photos that I think came out pretty good. It was really pretty that day and I enjoyed seeing them again because we didn't get to last year.




• We also went down to DC to see some art exhibits and the yearly orchid show. I loved the art and the orchids, even if their display was rather sub-par this year.

Saint George and the Dragon




• I finally finished getting my car inspected and all that, so it's now completely mine and road legal! I've decided to name her Marvel and I got a Captain Marvel bumper sticker to go on her, along with my WGTS 91.9 (our local Christian radio station) sticker.

• Listened to Taylor Swift's new song on repeat. It's so catchy and fun. I only hope an album is following in the near future!

• Had a fun Easter with family. I made a super adorable Peep cake and ate too much junk food. But that's the fun of the holidays.

• And the biggest thing I did this month was go to Awesome Con! It's one of the biggest cons on the east coast, besides New York. I went with my aunt and sister and had a blast. We got to see Cary Elwes speak and I got a bunch of cool nerd stuff. Two people even asked for my picture! I totally want to back next year.

A Batman costume exhibit

Wesley! 


Me and R2

Me (Scarlet Witch), my aunt (a Sith), and my sister (a female 10th Doctor)

Read

My reading this month was super slow. I'm not sure why, but I only read 6 books. I know that's a lot for some people and I'm not trying to be judgey, it's just slow for me.

Muse of Nightmares- Laini Taylor (5 stars)
The Last Draft- Sandra Scofield (4 stars)
The Battle for Skandia- John Flanagan (4 stars)
Archenemies- Marissa Meyer (4 stars)
A Week of Werewolves, Faeries, and Fancy Dresses- Nicki Chapelway (3 1/2 stars)
The Agony House- Cherie Priest (4 stars)

Watched

Mary Poppins Returns (totally loved it and how it payed homage to the original without being a repeat)

Mission Impossible: Fallout (how do they keep getting more intense with each installment? I nearly had a heart-attack like five times)

Master and Commander: Far Side of the World (such a good movie)

Dumplin' (a great body-positive movie that made me tear up more than once)

The Darkest Minds (it actually turned out to be a lot better movie than I thought it would be. Too bad they'll probably never make a sequel)

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (this movie made me want to move to a small island in England. You should watch it.)

On the Blog

Well, my first post about writing a trilogy really took off and got over 2k pins on Pinterest. The other two haven't been as popular, so go give them some love.

Also, if you're interested in giving guest posting a try, I'm starting to look for some people to do so on my blog. Sounds like something you'd like to try? Then head to the sidebar and send me your idea through the contact me box.

Writing

I did finally get my plot editing done on New Magic, so now I'm resting that for about a month while I work on some other things. I think it flows better now.

Besides that, I also worked on getting my novel Out of the Shadows: Hero by Night ready for beta readers. I've sent it already to two people, but I'd like a few more. If you're interested in reading it, drop a comment down below and let me know so I can send you more information.

Art

I didn't get a lot done this month, but I did draw some more in my travel journal and made this quote art from Matthew West's song "Unplanned". I like how it came out.



May Thoughts

• I'd like to do some more art, probably doing another month in my drawing book. I've kind of missed it.

• I hope to do some more re-reading this month, and take more time for reading in general. I won't be doing a lot of writing this month, so I hope to make more time for that.

• My sister and I are working on another video that we hope to have up by the end of May. I'd also love to make another video myself.

• I'm not entirely sure what I plan to do besides those things (which I really need to work on since May starts in like two days). But I'll get it figured out.


How was your month? Did you do anything fun? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

10 Clean Netflix Shows to Try
The Voted Most Likely Tag

Comments

  1. Aww, all the photos are amazing!! <3 Seems you had a good April. Good luck on your May goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did have a pretty good month.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts