How to Create an Easy Bookstagram Theme

How to Create an Easy Bookstagram Theme

I love taking book pictures, but I'm not good at taking consistent shots. I like experimenting and doing things to shake it up. For a while, I felt like my feed looked chaotic instead of cohesive. But over time, I've learned how to make my feed look more streamlined and similar, while being able to do different shots and backgrounds.

If anyone else is struggling with this problem, I thought I would share some tips I've learned. It's honestly really easy and I hope this gives you some inspiration. And if none of this is your theme, well, you do you.


All of these have a soft filter for my summer theme

Tip 1: Filters

Filters are one of the best ways to make your feed look put together even if your pictures are all different. I like using different ones for different seasons, to shake things up a bit. You can either use the built in filters from Instagram or ones in whatever photo editing app you use.

I personally use Picmonkey, although I don't think it's free like it used to be. But there are plenty of other excellent editing apps and most of them have filters anymore.

One of my flannels makes this awesome background

Tip 2: Backgrounds

I don't always take photos on the floor, but when I do, I use the same background for all the pictures in a season, like I do with my filters. My backgrounds aren't anything special, either. Most of them are pieces of cloth my mom gave me. I've even used shirts, skirts, and blankets for backgrounds.

A good consistent background can pull everything together even when your shots or subject matter are wildly different. You could take most of your pictures in front of your bookcase even.

Similar props give it a cohesive look

Tip 3: Props

With each season, I also try to use consistent props. In the summer, I used sea glass and sea shells. For Christmas, I use a variety of Christmas décor. In the fall, I used fake pumpkins and apples. You can throw props in almost any kind of shot, from indoors to out, on bookshelves or on the floor.

My top two props are my flowers and my crown. I have a big box of flowers that I enjoy matching to either the book cover or the season. My crown I got off of Amazon and it looks amazing. I swear I get more likes every time I feature it.

There are my simple tips for making a prettier and more cohesive bookstagram feed. I hope you got something from this little post.


Do you have a bookstagram? Do you have any tips for a consistent looking feed? Tell me in the comments!

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. Ooh these are great tips!!! my Instagram isn't entirely bookstagramming but I do struggle with themes sometimes. xD I try to keep mine all selective color and outdoor shots. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea. Keeping to similar shots helps a lot.

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking about making a bookstagram account for a while because I have so many pretty books and want to show them off. I will definitely be using these tips if I ever get started! I like how on the green background you used the same kinds of flowers in different arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help. I'll be sure to follow you if you start one!

      Delete
  3. Great tips! I love all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tips! I don't currently have a bookstagram, but I may decide I want one at some point, so it's great to already have gotten some helpful advice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts