March Muchness Blog Tag

March Muchness Blog Tag

If you don't know by now, one of my all-time favorite books is Alice in Wonderland. I have multiple copies, minifigures, Funko pops, and apparel themed around it. Which is why today I'm excited to do the March Muchness Blog Tag! The main host is Christine Smith, but she has several co-hosts, so be sure to check them out in the post. Now on to the questions!


The Questions

List six impossible things you’d love to do – wild and crazy answers 100% welcome!

1. Meet a fairy. (There's a wooded patch near my house I just know will let me into fairyland one of these days.)
2. Become a famous author. (Not impossible, but not highly probable. If I at least get to publish my stories, I'll be happy.)
3. Discover a way to Wonderland. (One of these mirrors has to be the one.)
4. Read my whole TBR. (Yeah, that may not happen.)
5. Find my way to Narnia. (I'm trying every wardrobe I can find.)
6. Walk inside a painting. (It just sounds so cool!)

What is a topic that grew curiouser and curiouser the more you studied/researched it?

Octopuses! I started researching them for a novel I was writing and now I'm kind of obsessed. They're so smart and so well designed for survival. I almost want one of my own at this point.

If you could invite three fictional characters to a tea party, who would they be?

1. Jo March. I would love to talk to her, and she would keep things interesting.
2. Lady Mary Crawley. She can be biting, but she's also incredibly witty.
3. Percy Jackson. So we can all have some laughs.

Which Wonderland character do you feel you’re the most like?

Alice. I always kind of feel out of place and like I don't know what's going on. But I hope, like Alice, I continue to persevere anyway, and maybe one of these days I'll end up somewhere I belong.

If you could drink a magic potion that changed one thing about you, what would it be?

I think I might have it make me smarter. Or wiser. Both of those seem like good things.

How IS a raven like a writing desk?

Well, you see, they both contain feathers. Simple as that, really.

If you were to make an enemy of Father Time, what time in the day would you choose to repeat?

Hmm, either mid-morning or mid-afternoon. Some time with lots of sun, but not too early or late.

If you fell down a rabbit hole, what would the land you pop into look like?

Someplace magical and mystical. Full of mysterious forest with fairies and unicorns inside, meadows of magical flowers, and oceans with mermaids. A mash-up of all my favorite fantasy things.

If you could have the body of one type of creature and the head of another (for example, the Mock Turtle has the body of a turtle and the head of a calf), what would that combination be and why?

Body of an octopus and head of a cat. Strictly because that combo, if done correctly, sounds cute to me.

Have you read or written anything stylistically close to Alice in Wonderland? Tell us about it.

I've read many, many Alice in Wonderland retellings, and I've written my own. I tried to capture the magic and whimsy of Wonderland, while also portraying the darker elements. But keeping both of them balanced. I don't think it's very stylistically similar though.

If you could either be as tall as a tree or as small as a mouse for an hour, which would you choose and what would you do?

I'd be small as mouse, so I could go explore dollhouses. I've always loved stories about tiny people and I want to see the world from that point of view.

If you could give your younger or future self one piece of Very Good Advice, what would it be?

I think I'd give my younger self some encouragement. I don't feel like I'm in that much better of a place, but at least I know it does get a bit better, and I would want to tell her that.


That's it for the questions! I hope you enjoyed. Check out the full list on Christine's blog and feel free to do this tag yourself!


What's one impossible thing you'd like to do? Do you have a favorite retelling of Alice in Wonderland? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. I was so happy to see you do the tag! This was such fun to read! :D I absolutely LOVE your 6 impossible things. Just...YES. I want to do these things toooo! *flails*

    And okay but Jo, Mary, and Percy all at a tea party??? That would be one AMAZING tea party!

    The fantasy world you'd fall into sounds so magical. Also. OCTOPUS CAT. I LOVE THIS!!! Octopuses really are such fascinating creatures, and you gotta love cats. This is just brilliant. XD

    Thank you so much for joining in with ALL the March Muchness goodness. It's making my month! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for making the tag!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts