My Problem with "The Feminine Urge" Trend

My Problem with "The Feminine Urge" Trend

I started seeing these TikToks recently talking about "the feminine urge". While on the surface, this trend might seem innocent and even good, from the moment I saw it, I had issues. As I've looked more into it, I've only discovered more. I don't think this trend is good and here's why.


#1: It's perverse

I don't know if it was just the compilation I was watching, but many of them are extremely sexual. I won't give examples, but suffice to say they are not "urges" that should be spoken about or glorified.

"That feminine urge to flirt with a guy you're not interested in." That's not funny, that's leading someone on. Acting in unvirtuous ways is not the way any woman should act. It doesn't help anyone respect women and just makes men distrust women more. It causes divides instead of unity.

And of course, it's nothing we as Christians should be thinking about or focusing on, which is why I only skimmed the compilation I was researching for this video and ended up turning it off quite quickly. We're supposed to focus on things that are pure and true and good, and those things aren't.

#2: It's belittling

While it might be nice that women are talking about being women, most of these videos are more like "oh look, I'm a woman and I have womanly feelings. How cute". I don't know about you, but that attitude annoys me to no end.

God created men and women differently on purpose. We are designed to have our own types of feelings and ways of thinking and those ways are designed to work together. Laughing at womanly feelings isn't fun, it's degrading.

"Resisting the feminine urge to marry him and have six kids and be a stay at home mom." (Basically what one of the videos said.) That's not amusing. That's what you were designed to want. You shouldn't be resisting it, you should be desiring it. I know not everyone is gifted to be a wife and mother, but the vast majority are. Encouraging lifestyles that go against the family is dangerous and a great way to ruin society even further.

#3: It shows how we've lost touch with being a woman

My final problem with this is how it shows how out of touch society has become with womanhood. These people are laughing at the way they're designed or accentuating the darker sides of our sexes as something that should be glorified.

Women were created with the urge to be mothers and wives. To create beautiful things or want a lovely home. To want a man in your life (in a godly way). There is nothing wrong with any of those things.

But in this world where being a business woman is prized over being a stay-at-home mom or having a puppy is equivalent to having a child, women don't see it like that. They see the things they were created for as chains to be cast off so they can rise up and overcome the patriarchy. Instead of living in unity with men, they see them as the enemy, along with any "urges" that come with being female.

Feminism is ruining this world and I hope one day they wake up and see what they've done. The only thing I do like about this whole trend is how it annoys them that it's showing females as liking female things while they're trying to destroy gender and all the good things that come with it.


Do you have any thoughts on this topic? What's a current trend you have problems with? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

Popular Posts