June Recap

June Recap

Do you know what the end of June means? It means the year is halfway over and you haven't done anything yet. Just kidding. Probably. But June is a good month. It's finally summer and it's not overly hot yet. But let's get to what I've been up to this month. It's been a bit busy, but in a good way.

Oh, and if anyone heard about the Annapolis shooting, I do live near there, but my family and I are fine. We weren't in the area when it happened. But it's kind of sad thinking that it happened that close to us.



What I Did

• My family went to Fort Meade with some friends of ours to watch their fireworks show. It was awesome. But we didn't go to bed til nearly midnight, so I can barely think right now while I'm writing this. It was totally worth it.


• I got to see a beautiful exhibit of Cezanne paintings. Portraits, specifically. The National Art Gallery had a special exhibit. I really enjoyed the way he used color and painted with a palate knife.



• The same day we also saw. . . wait for it. . . Lin's actual green suit from Hamilton! And the real guns that killed the real Hamilton. Eeee!



• On Father's Day, my dad requested we go to this colonial house about fifteen minutes from where we live. They had special Father's Day activities like making butter and learning colonial dances. It was super fun.


• My sister graduated high school and we had a big party with her best friend, who also graduated this year. It was fun, even if it did rain for some of it.

• Oh, and some of my family drove to North Carolina and back in one day so we could see my cousin's wedding. It was a long day, but I enjoyed going.

My cousin and her husband

• I got the scale model Lego BB-8! I've been saving and now he sits on my desk, giving me thumbs up (yes, he can do that). Isn't he cute?


Blog

• I will be back to my normal posting schedule next month. I figured out (sort of) some ideas for the rest of the year and I have some new post series ideas.

• I've also added a contact page at the top, if you ever want to ask a question or have a comment.

• I've gotten over 60 followers on Instagram. I hope to make it to 70 next month *cough*so go follow me please*cough*

• My most popular post this month was, interestingly, My Least Favorite Book Tropes.

Movies and Music

• I've been on a Dear Evan Hansen kick this month. Evan's a character I sympathize with a lot and I love all the songs from the musical.

• I don't think I've actually watched any new movies this month but I have been watching some movies I liked as a kid and reliving my childhood. It's great.

Writing and Art

• I started writing The Warrior and the Wizard and I'm currently over 12,000 words in. If you'd like to see the synopsis and cover for WaW, you can go to my Novels page. I just updated it with new covers and name changes.

• I've also been working really hard on my editing project. I thought at first I was just going to be adding in new scenes, but after I looked at it some more, I'm basically re-writing it. Oops.

• Art has been a little slow this month. I did get done Doctors 8 and War, but other than that, not really much.



July Thoughts

• I hope to get pretty far into WaW and be almost done my editing project.

• I want to draw the next two Doctors- 9 and 10.

• I really want to try kicking up into a handstand against the wall. I'm terrified of being upside down, but I also want to push my limits.


Also, I'm thinking of adding a geek news section to my monthly recap, sharing news I've heard about all things nerd. Would that be something you would be interested in seeing?


What have you done this month? What's the last art exhibit you went to? What's your favorite summer activity? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

Writing a Team Readers Will Love
Character Breakdown: Han Solo

Comments

Popular Posts