Best Books of 2018 (So Far)

Best Books of 2018 (So Far)

We're going to talk about books! Yay!



Specifically, we're going to talk about my favorite reads of 2018 thus far. Can you believe we're halfway through the year? Excuse me while I find a paper bag to breath into. But back to the topic. These books are not specifically published this year. They're just the books I've loved the most that I've read in the year 2018.

Matilda by Roald Dahl

What is it? A children's book about a child genius and how she outwits the adults around her.

Why I loved it: Roald Dahl writes the most magical books, and this one was no exception. I love Matilda and her unshakable personality, as well as Miss Honey.


The Wizards of Once by Cressida Cowell

What is it? A book about warriors and wizards and the magical world they live in. It's a fun, yet serious, fantasy adventure.

Why I loved it: It's different than her How to Train Your Dragon series, yet it retains her unique writing style and illustrations. The characters, worldbuilding, and writing are all amazing.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

What is it? A story about five sisters, specifically Lizzy and her romance with Mr. Darcy.

Why I loved it: Jane Austen. 'Nuff said. But also because it's really well written and witty.

Refuge for Masterminds by Kathleen Baldwin

What is it? A book about smart, kick-butt girls trained for espionage. This time focusing on the Sherlock Holmes type one.

Why I loved it: All of the above. It's just great.


Warcross by Marie Lu

What is it? A futuristic story about a hacker girl and the VR games she accidentally gets pulled into.

Why I loved it: Virtual reality, awesome tech, a smart yet sweet girl protagonist, and rainbow hair. And more.

The Night Parade by Katheryn Tanguary

What is it? The story of a girl who gets entangled in a world of Japanese mythology when she gets cursed.

Why I loved it: Japanese mythology and a Studio Ghibli feel. It was great all around.

Let's talk! What have you read so far this year? What were your favorites? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

Top Books of 2017 and 2018
Character Breakdown: Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice

Comments

Popular Posts