Inktober 2018

Inktober 2018

Like last year, I decided to do Inktober last month. It was really fun and I managed to do a drawing every day, even if I wasn't totally satisfied with all of them. (Also, why do Inktober and NaNoWriMo have to be back to back? I love them both, but doing both can be stressful sometimes.) The thing I like about it is that you do something every day and I can challenge myself.

This year, I decided to pick a theme to base all my art around, for a bit of fun. I chose Disney and included all its branches, like Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars. Most of them were Disney and Pixar, but I threw a few others in. You guys seemed to enjoy seeing my work last year, so here's a full recap of this year's Inktober.




Day 1: Zentangled poison apple from Snow White. One of my favorites from the whole month.

Prompt: Poisonous.


Day 2: The old Disney castle logo.

Prompt: Tranquil (because it makes me feel calm).


Day 3: Tony Stark.

Prompt: Roasted (he's king of roasts).


Day 4: Sorcerer Mickey.

Prompt: Spell.


Day 5: Heihei with a Moana inspired background.

Prompt: Chicken.


Day 6: Jack-Jack.

Prompt: Drooling (he's a baby, so it works).


Day 7: Nani sleeping.

Prompt: Exhausted


Day 8: Zentangle Death Star.

Prompt: Star.


Day 9: Treasure Planet title.

Prompt: Precious (precious, treasure, same thing, right?).


Day 10: The river from "Just Around the River Bend".

Prompt: Flowing.


Day 11: Shan Yu.

Prompt: Cruel.


Day 12: Monstro the whale, nightmare of my childhood.

Prompt: Whale.


Day 13: Jack and Sally silhouette.

Prompt: This one was for the Nightmare Before Christmas's 25th anniversary, not the prompt.


Day 14: Cogsworth.

Prompt: Clock.


Day 15: The Tin Soldier.

Prompt: Weak (I chose in body, not in spirit).


Day 16: Kronk.

Prompt: Angular.


Day 17: Zed from Disney Channel's Zombies.

Prompt: I couldn't think of something to draw for this prompt, so I just picked him.


Day 18: Drink Me bottle from Alice in Wonderland.

Prompt: Bottle.


Day 19: The Cave of Wonders.

Prompt: Scorching.


Day 20: The China Girl.

Prompt: Breakable.


Day 21: Baby Hercules.

Prompt: Drain (since he drains that bottle of stuff that turns him human).


Day 22: A fun Tangle-inspired piece.

Prompt: Expensive (it's the most expensive animated Disney movie).


Day 23: Cruz Ramirez.

Prompt: Muddy (for Thunder Hollow).


Day 24: Remi and Linguine.

Prompt: Chop.


Day 25: Cactus inspired by a piece of art I saw online.

Prompt: Prickly.

Day 26: Elastigirl in a 1960s dress inspired by her super suit.


Prompt: Flexible.


Day 27: Thor's symbol in zentangle.

Prompt: Thunder.


Day 28: The Blue Umbrella and the Red Umbrella, from the Pixar short.

Prompt: Gift (love is the greatest gift, right?)


Day 29: Terry and Terri Perry from Monsters University.

Prompt: Double.


Day 30: Stitch.

Prompt: Jolt. He was brought to life by an electric jolt.


Day 31: Mulan with sword.

Prompt: Slice.


Have you ever done Inktober? What is one way you like to challenge yourself? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

Inktober 2017: A Recap
Zentangle and What I've Learned


Comments

  1. Ooh, cool!!! I've never heard of Inktober. :-D Your drawings are awesome!!! My favorites are the Mulan one and the Heihei one. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those are two of my favorites as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh these are all so impressive, Rachel! Man, can you draw!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I particularly like the HeiHei drawing and the Treasure Planet title. Disney is an awesome Inktober theme. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts