The Novel Revision Tag

The Novel Revision Tag

I had a lot of fun creating my last tag (which you are totally free to join if you want 😉), so today I'm creating a new tag. However, this time I'm trying my hand at a writing related one. Welcome to the Novel Revision Tag!

Editing is the hardest part of the writing process for me, so I thought it would be cool to make a tag to talk about what we're revising and our difficulties with it. There are so many writing tags out there, but I haven't really seen a lot about editing. So here we go.



The Rules

1. Thank the person who tagged you.

2. Link back to this post.

3. Include the tag graphic if you want.

4. Answer the questions.

5. Tag two to five people to do the tag!


The Questions

1. What's the title of your current editing project?

New Magic, the first book in my Magic of Wonderland trilogy.

2. Tell us a bit about it, however you like.

It's partially a re-telling of Alice in Wonderland, and partially a continuation. It's about Alice's descendant+magic+Wonderland+craziness+betrayal+tarts+fantastical locations.

3. When did you start writing it?

Hmm, I think I wrote my first draft of it I wanna say back in 2013, I think. It was very bad. Then I re-wrote it a few years ago into a longer, better version.

4. How long have you been editing so far?

I started in January, with a month break, so about four months.

5. On a scale from 1-10, how insane is this project making you?

Only a five at the moment. However, I'm starting character edits now, so I think that it's going to spike to about eight once I get into that.

6. What's the most difficult part of editing for you?

Getting my novel to what I want it to be. I always feel like I don't know what I'm doing or how to get it from where it is, to the fabulous vision I have inside my head. *cue the distant sobbing*

7. What's the hardest part of editing this particular novel?

Figuring out Celia's new character arc. Her original flaw isn't working for me, so I have to rethink the whole arc. I'm dreading trying to get that working.

8. What's your plan for when you've finished editing it?

I want to traditionally publish. So I've got a long road ahead of me. But one day I hope I can see my book on shelves.

9. How do you edit your novels?

I edit in Scrivener, my all time favorite writing program. I have a series of rounds I go through, starting with plot and ending with polishing it up then sending it to beta readers.

10. What's that one scene or part that you still haven't gotten right?

For this novel, I think it's probably one of Celia's personal growth scenes. I find deep inner thought scenes difficult to write. So far there isn't a particular scene that's giving me trouble, but I'm sure it'll show up.

The Tags

I tag. . .

Faith
Victoria
And anyone else who wants to join!


Are you editing anything right now? What's the most difficult part of writing for you? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

Voted Most Likely Tag
The Messy Desk Tag

Comments

Popular Posts