September 2019 Recap

September 2019 Recap

Here we are, at the end of September. There are only three months left in the year, people! *quietly panics* But let's talk about this month and what's been going on.


What I Did

• Went shopping for the start to my fall wardrobe. I still need some sweaters and shoes, but I got a good start. I love fall clothes and can't wait for the weather to cool off enough to actually wear them.

• Did my yearly visit to the National Book Festival. I did a full recap here if you're interested in learning more.


• Went to the beach. It was fun and perfect weather.


• My sister and I went to see Spider-man: Far From Home in theaters (extra late, of course). It was so fun to watch and I loved the movie. Even though the part in the middle with Mysterio freaked me out because I didn't expect it.


• Finally finished re-reading the Inheritance Cycle. It was fun to revisit one of my favorite series as a young adult. I also got through quite a few other books, which was nice.

Read

InheritanceChristopher Paolini (4 stars)

Inkspell- Cornelia Funke (3 1/2 stars)

The Blood Spell- C. J. Redwine (5 stars)

Magic, Madness, and Mischief- Kelly McCullough (3 stars)

From Twinkle, With Love- Sandhya Menon (4 stars)

A Question of Holmes- Brittany Cavallaro (5 stars)

The Accidental Keyhand- Jen Swann Downey (3 1/2 stars)

The Case of the Gypsy Goodbye- Nancy Springer (4 stars)

Watched

Spider-man: Far From Home (a great Spider-man film that hit me in the feels)

Pokemon: Detective Pikachu (not as bad as it could have been, but slightly lacking)

Tolkien (a beautiful movie about Tolkien's early life)

Patema Inverted (very mind-bending, but super good)

Death Cure (even further from the books than the last two)

On the Blog

• I was pleasantly surprised this month by my post on man bashing being liked and shared quite a few times on Facebook and Twitter. My other most popular post was on things not to do in your sequel.

• I also reached 170 followers on Instagram. Woo-hoo! I hope to reach 200 by the end of the year.

Writing

• For Out of the Shadows, I've been a bit frustrated by my progress. I haven't been able to do as much editing as I wanted. That's just the way life works, but it doesn't mean it's not upsetting.

• For my NaNoWriMo project, I also didn't do as much work as I would have liked. I have so much to do in October, it's a bit overwhelming. I shall do my best, though.

Art

• I did finish Samwise Gamgee, shown below for your enjoyment.


• Other than that, I've been working on designing my character for my NaNoWriMo project. I'll give you a little sneak peak that will give you an idea of what I'm writing.


October Thoughts

• I need to prep my novel for November, which will take up a lot of my time.

• October is also Inktober, so I'm looking forward to doing that again.

• I have to figure out what I'm going to be for Halloween. It's one of my favorite parts of fall.


How was your September? What is your favorite part of fall? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

Taking a Writing Hiatus

Elements I Love In Books

Comments

  1. AHH, Far from Home was so good, as was Tolkien. <33 Ooh, I love your drawing of Sam!!! <333 I hope you have an amazing October. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beach looks fun. I've been very busy, and have not written a lot as well. I'm going to have to check out some of the books you read. They sound good.
    Have a fun October!

    astordetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who falls behind in writing. Do check out the books, I enjoyed most of them.

      Delete
  3. That's great you went to the beach! :D Nice post.
    Have a lovely October!
    Ann xx
    love-english-by-ann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts