2020 Movies I Want to See: Part 1

2020 Movies I Want to See: Part 1

Some of my favorite posts to do each year is making lists of all the new movies coming out I hope to see. I hope you guys enjoy them too. It's fun to geek out over all the exiting new releases (especially now that I can go see more of them in theaters).

So let's get started on part one of this post, covering all the new Disney movies this year. It looks like an interesting year for Disney. They only have two Marvel movies coming out, one of which with characters we know nothing about. All the movies are pretty much new (except Mulan) which should be interesting in a creative light. I can't wait to see what new favorite movie I find this year.


Movies


Onward- March 6

Plot: Two teenage elf brothers, Ian and Barley Lightfoot, go on an journey to discover if there is still a little magic left out there in order to spend one last day with their father, who died when they were too young to remember him.

Cast: Tom Holland, Chris Pratt, Octavia Spencer, Julia Louise-Dreyfus, and Ali Wong. 

My Thoughts: I'm very excited for this one. It's suppose to be urban fantasy, and a Pixar movie, so it's bound to be great. It looks like another one where you cry five times while watching. Plus, the casting of Tom Holland and Chris Pratt is perfection.


Mulan- March 27

Plot: To save her ailing father from serving in the Imperial Army, a fearless young woman disguises herself as a man to battle northern invaders in China.

Cast: Liu Yifei, Donnie Yen, Jet Li, Gong, Li, and Yonson Li

My Thoughts: I'm a huge Mulan fan, and what we've seen so far of this movie already looks incredible. I love how all the actors are Asian and I don't know who they are. While it also looks different than the original, I think that's a good thing, as the movies that were just blow by blows of the animated one kinda flopped. (Although I'll miss Mushu.)


Black Widow- May 1

Plot: Set between Civil War and Infinity War, this movie looks at how Natasha became Black Widow.

Cast: Scarlet Johansson, Florence Pugh, David Harbour, and Rachel Weisz.

My Thoughts: It's only the movie the fans have been asking for since Black Widow first showed up. I guess better late than never. The first trailer looked pretty good and I can't wait to see her get her own movie. We'll see about the rating, though.


Artemis Fowl- May 29

Plot: Artemis Fowl is a 12-year-old genius and descendant of a long line of criminal masterminds. He soon finds himself in an epic battle against a race of powerful underground fairies who may be behind his father's disappearance.

Cast: Ferdia Shaw, Judi Dench, Lara McDonnell, Josh Gad, and Nonso Anozie

My Thoughts: If you were following this movie at all, you'll have noticed the release got pushed back by a year. I was disappointed, but at least it's still coming out. I still have my issues (Commander Root being a girl, mostly), but I'm excited to see it.


Soul- June 19

Plot: Joe Gardner, a middle school music teacher, has long dreamed of performing jazz music onstage, and finally gets a chance after impressing other jazz musicians during an opening act at the Half Note Club. However, an accident causes Gardner's soul to be separated from his body and transported to the "You Seminar", a center in which souls develop and gain passions before being transported to a newborn child, and Gardner must work with souls in training, such as 22, a soul with a dim view on life after being trapped for years at the You Seminar, in order to return to Earth before it's too late.

Cast: Jamie Foxx, Daveed Diggs, Tina Fey, Questlove, and Phylicia Rashad.

My Thoughts: So far, we've only seen one trailer and at the moment, it looks kind of weird. But so did Inside Out, and it won an Oscar. So I'm gonna wait and see to reserve judgement.


Jungle Cruise- July 24

Plot: Set during the early 20th century, a riverboat captain named Frank takes a scientist and her brother on a mission into a jungle to find the Tree of Life which is believed to possess healing powers. All the while, the trio must fight against dangerous wild animals and a competing German expedition.

Cast: Dwayne Johnson, Emily Blunt, Jack Whitehall, and Edgar Ramirez

My Thoughts: This is another one of Disney's movies based around a theme park ride. Some of those have worked, others haven't, so we'll see how this one does. I'm looking forward to it mostly for the two main actors.


The Eternals- November 9

Plot: Nothing is known at this time.

Cast: Kit Harrington, Richard Madden, Angelina Jolie, and Kumail Nanjiani.

My Thoughts: I honestly don't know anything about the Eternals and I know I'm not alone in that. It's an interesting choice to bring to the screen, but they have a good cast. (Which is kind of interesting because they used to pick actors you hadn't really heard of before.)


Raya and the Last Dragon- November 25

Plot: In a mysterious realm called Kumandra, a warrior named Raya searches for the last dragon in the world.

Cast: Cassie Steele and Awkwafina

My Thoughts: As you can tell by that description, it's hard to know what to think of this movie yet. But you can't go wrong with dragons, right? I feel like this is going to be a pretty good one.

Disney+


The Mandalorian season 2- Fall 2020

Plot: Going by how season one ended, it will have to do with finding and returning baby-not-Yoda to his people and the adventures on the way.

Cast: Pedro Pascal (and maybe some of the other characters from season one)

My Thoughts: I loved the Mandalorian! It was the best thing I've seen in a while and I want to watch it all again. Obviously season two has a lot of high hopes riding on it. Will the Child finally gain a name? Will we learn more about his species (like a name?)? And how much more awesome can Mando get?


WandaVision

Plot: A mini-series about Scarlet Witch and Vision (not much detail is available right now).

Cast: Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany

My Thoughts: I'm curious as to when this series will be set, since one of these characters is now dead. *cries* I am looking forward to seeing more of them, because they're pretty cute.


The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Plot: Another mini-series staring the Winter Soldier and Falcon. Again, not much has been released.

Cast: Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie

My Thoughts: My favorite duo returns! This show better be filled with quips and stabs at each other while really being buddies. I'm interested in seeing where this one will be placed as well.


The Clone Wars season 7- February 17

Plot: The final season of the popular Clone Wars series is finally finished and aired.

Cast: James Arnold Tyler, Ashley Eckstein, and Matt Lanter.

My Thoughts: I haven't finished watching the Clone Wars yet (I'm only on season one), but I know it was one of the best Star Wars TV shows until the Mandalorian. I can't wait to see the final season, after I've finished the first six.


Which of these movies are you looking forward to the most? Did you also love the Mandalorian? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

2019 Movies: Part One

Thoughts on 2018 Movies: Part Two

Comments

  1. YES YES YES ALL OF THESE MOVIES AND SHOWS LOOK SO AMAZING I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM ALL. <333

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts