October 2021 Recap

October 2021 Recap

Are you feeling those fall/spooky vibes yet? I know I am. I even picked out a whole list of books and movies to read and watch this month. I'm almost done my list and it's been very fun. It's also getting cold enough to wear sweaters! So I am a happy human right now.


•I totally forgot to mention this last month, and I meant to, so I'm including it this month. I got bangs at the beginning of September! I've been wanting to for a while, and I finally got up the courage to do so. I really love them.


•Our family went down to the Outer Banks for our yearly vacation. The weather was great and we got to do a lot of fun stuff. We went to the beach almost every day, which is probably the most I've ever gone.






•We found this creepy old school in our areas. So I had to take a bunch of pictures. Maybe I'll use it in a story someday.



•My sister and I went to a corn maze for the first time since we were kids. It was a little more childish than I would have liked, but we had a good time. Maybe next year we can find an even better one.



Robbing Centaurs and Other Bad Ideas- Bethany Meyer (5 stars)

How to Draw Vintage Fashion- Celia Joicey (4 stars)

The Glass Town Game- Catherynne Valentine (3 stars)

Days of Blood and Starlight- Laini Taylor (4 stars)

Kisses and Croissants- Anne-Sophie Jouhanneau (4 stars)

The Thirteenth Tale- Diane Setterfield (4 stars)

A Curious Beginning- Deanna Raybourn (1 star)


Return to Halloweentown (better than the first one)

Halloweentown High (my favorite of the series so far)

Addams Family (fun to rewatch with my siblings)


Still plugging away at editing. I decided to re-write the whole ending of the book, so once again, I won't be finishing it this month. I hope this new ending works as well as I hope and is worth all the effort.

I'll admit, I've been struggling with self doubt in my writing this month. I'm having trouble with feeling like I'm a good writer or that my writing is worth it. I think it might be somewhat from working on one thing for so long, which is why I'm working really hard on finishing it soon.


It's Inktober, so I've been participating in that all month. I have no idea how I've kept up, as things have been very busy, but I've only skipped a few days. I'll be posting a full recap of that next month, so keep an eye out for that.

Other than that, I practiced with gouache and painted a pumpkin, as well as doodled in this pumpkin I hung in my breakroom.



•I hope to write and edit a short story, since I won't be doing NaNoWriMo.

•Prepare for Christmas. It's getting really close and I need to start shopping.

•Hopefully get back into a little more rhythm with my life. Going on vacation, while fun, can mess up your schedule.


How did your October go? Have you done any fun fall stuff? Tell me in the comments!

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. Looks like fun! I had a good month, it my birthday month so that is always fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts