8 More Semi-Scary Movies for Halloween

8 More Semi-Scary Movies for Halloween

I'm back again with more movies for those of us who hate anything scary and couldn't make it through Stranger Things. Too specific? Okay, anyone who might not like scary or horror movies, but still want to get in that spooky season mood. I've already made one of these lists, so check that out if you want more ideas!



1. The Addams Family

I watched this for the first time last year and thought it was super fun. I also watched the animated movie and thought it was garbage. Stick with the original. It's a classic, and very funny if you like dark and slightly morbid humor.


2. Paranorman

Why does no one talk about this movie? It's so good. It's about a little boy named Norman who can see the dead and has to save his town from being consumed by a witch. The whole thing is well written and beautifully animated with stop-motion. I can't believe I'd only found this movie in the last year. Watch it. You won't regret it.


3. Beetlejuice

One of the more frightening on this list, but such a classic, I had to include it. There is some scary imagery, but if you can get past that, it's funny and slightly dark. Actors in it include people like Michael Keaton, Alec Baldwin, and Winona Ryder.


4. Frankenweenie

I didn't enjoy this one as much as some of Tim Burton's other works, but you might, so I thought I'd include it. It's another stop-motion film about a boy who brings his dog back to life and sets off a whole chain of bad events. I do find it interesting that it's shot entirely in black and white, rather than color.


5. Coraline

Probably the other scariest movie on this list. This movie version of the book can be quite frightening at times. I had to watch it in the middle of the day, but I did make it through. It's not an exact adaptation, but it does capture the simultaneous magic and horror of the book.


6. The Mummy

Surprised to see this movie here? Honestly, it's not that scary and the Mummy isn't that terrifying. It's hilarious and became one of our family's favorite movies after the first viewing. The characters are great, the plot is fun, and did I mention it's funny? Just watch it.


7. Knives Out

Looking for a nice murder mystery to curl up with while wearing your favorite sweater? Knives Out is perfect. I don't only say that because Chris Evans is in it. It's well written and a fun time as you follow the story of this rich, stuck-up family and why their patriarch left everything to his nurse.


8. Clue

Another mystery, this one falling more on the side-splitting hilarious side. Tim Curry is one of the stars and he rocks in his role. Yes, this movie is based on the board game, but you'll have to watch it to see how. Let me tell you, you will laugh.


Have you watched any of these? Do you like scary movies or not? Tell me in the comments!

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. This list was made for me! Though I have technically never seen a horror movie, I don't like scary things, so I don't plan to, but alternatives are nice! I've been meaning to see Paranorman. Knives Out is such a perfect movie for Halloween! I was just thinking about Clue today, so it was fun to see it on this list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should watch Paranorman! It's so good and nobody talks about it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts