June 2021 Recap

June 2021 Recap

June has kind of flown by for me. There have been some really good parts, like getting to go away for the weekend, but I've also been dealing with a lot of anxiety and stress, especially in the last week or so. But I'm trying to focus on the positives instead 😊.


•Got to go see my first movie in over a year! My sister and I went to see Cruella in the theaters and I loved it (expect a post on it soon). It was so nice to go back to a theater. We want to see another one soon.


•We had the chance to go on a mini vacation to Virginia for four days. It was a great time. We tubed down the river, went to a flea market, saw a movie in a drive in theater, and just relaxed. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.





•On May the 4th, Lego released a new Lego R2-D2, which I decided to get. It finally arrived and I now have it built and sitting on my desk. He's a foot high, guys. But so worth the four days it took me to build him.

•Went to B.I.G. again. I didn't get as many books as I have sometimes, but one highlight was finding a vintage copy of Alice in Wonderland.

•As I mentioned, I've also been kind of stressed, especially at work lately. Maryland has been dropping masks more and more (which is great), and in July they will no longer be "mandated". However, I'm kind of worried about what that will mean for me as an employee and other things. I'll have to keep praying that God gives me strength and wisdom.


The Vanishing Stair- Maureen Johnson (4 stars)

The Wrath and the Dawn- Renee Ahdieh (3/12 stars)

The Empty Grave- Jonathan Stroud (5 stars)

100 Days of Sunlight- Abbie Emmons (5 stars)

12 Years a Slave- Solomon Northup (5 stars)

Emily's Runaway Imagination- Beverly Cleary (5 stars)

The Return of the King- J. R. R. Tolkien (5 stars)

Spectacle- Megan Rose Gedris (3 stars)


Cruella (simply fabulous, darling!)

Peter Rabbit 2 (not nearly as good as the first movie)

Spectre (a decent Bond flick)

Shadow and Bone (really great and enjoyable)

Z-O-M-B-I-E-S 2 (could have been better, sadly)


•I've gotten most of my feedback from my betas, although I'm still waiting on a person or two. I'd like to wait for that before starting editing on New Magic, but I may go ahead and start next week regardless.

•Since book two has been giving me trouble and there are changes I want to make in book one, I decided to write a short story instead, featuring Flynn and Alice have an adventure. I'm currently editing that one. (I might be willing to post it, if that's something you'd like to see.)


•Like I said last month, I recently switched to a new RSS provider, but I'm still not totally sure if it's the one I'll stick with. Sorry that the new emails look so bad, they're not spam, I promise. If anyone has any suggestions on another service to use, I'd be happy to check it out.

•Over on Instagram, I just started my Count of Monte Cristo read-along. If you're interested in joining, it's not too late! It's only two chapters a day, and they appear fairly short, so it's not that much time commitment.


I did this Draw This in Your Style for someone I follow on Instagram who was having a contest. It's not great, but I had fun doing it.


I've also been making a lot of hand-painted coasters this month. It started when I made one for my brother and it's kind of escalated. So here's the one I made for myself.


The other big piece I did was this typography art of all the tracks on Taylor Swift's folklore album. I did one for Lover a while back and wanted to do another with this one. However, I've been procrastinating, so I'm glad it's finally done.



•I'll work on editing New Magic with the feedback from my betas. I hope that I can make this into a great story, because I want to publish it one day.

•I hope to maybe find some more graphic novels to read, or other short books, because I'm falling a bit behind on my reading goal.

•I'm planning to go to a con in August, so I'll be working on my costume for that, as well as preparing for the Christian camp I go to in the summer. I'm looking forward to both.


How did your June go? Do you have any vacations planned (or already taken) this summer? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. Man, this looks so great! I'm glad you had fun in Virginia. Love the art this month. I'll pray for you with this whole mask thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virginia was super fun. Thanks for your prayers <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts