My Favorite Reads of 2022 (So Far!)

My Favorite Reads of 2022 (So Far!)

Can you believe we're halfway through the year, because I can't. I swear it was just January, and now it's summer. Anyway, it's time to talk about the best books I read in the first half of the year. Let me know if you've read any of these and what you rated them.



The Girl Who Saved Christmas- Matt Haig

A precious Christmas read that I full enjoyed. I read the whole collection, but I think this one might be my favorite. It's also super short, with lots of pretty illustrations, and a wonderful message of hope.


Dearest Josephine- Caroline George

If you follow me on Instagram or Goodreads, you know how I raved about this book. It was so unexpected, but in the best way. It had themes of grief and seasons of life. It was told in letter format (which I love!). And it was totally clean. If you read any of these books, pick this one.


Single and Satisfied- Nancy Wilson

I've been struggling lately with being single and this book was a great help with that. It's now sitting on my shelf where I can read it whenever I need. If that's something you're struggling with too, give this one a read.


Urchin of the Riding Stars- M. I. McAllister

I read this book when I was in my teens and loved it. So when I founded it used at a book sale, I decided to pick it up and read it again. I was so worried that it wouldn't be as good as I remembered. Thankfully, it was just as wonderful as I remembered. It has Redwall vibes, but is very unique.


Desert Flower- Melody Personette

I feel like there are a lot of books with more serious topics on the list this year, and this book is no exception. It tackles the topic of infertility and I absolutely loved it. It takes place in this amazing desert/cyberpunk/steampunk world and has the best characters. Plus, look at that cover!


What's the best book or books you've read this year? Have you read any of these? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. I haven't read any of these! Matt Haig is an author I've heard about a lot. Dearest Josephine is on my radar for sure. As for Desert Flower, all you needed to do was tell me it's steampunk!

    My favorite reads this year have been 100 Days of Sunlight and Six of Crows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are both great reads! I love them both.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts