My Favorite Reads of 2021... The Second Part

My Favorite Reads of 2021... The Second Part

Can you believe 2021 is almost over? I can't. I feel like this has been a slower reading year for me, but I still had plenty of great reads. Today I'll be sharing my favorites from the second half of 2021.



1. The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom

If you like hilarious fantasy books, this one is for you. It's about four different Prince Charmings and the quest they all end going on. It's funny, and yet very heartfelt and full of growth for the characters. It's a re-read, but still a favorite.


2. Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life

This is Steve Martin's autobiography about his years as a stand-up comedian. I listened to the audiobook, which I highly suggest, as Steve reads it himself, which really brings the book to life. I found it super interesting and loved learning more about him.


3. Whichwood

So heartbreaking, but so good. I liked it even more than the first book, Furthermore. I identified with a lot of the themes and the main character as she tried to shoulder too much responsibility without enough help. It was so well written and I hope the author writes more in this universe.


4. The Ask and the Answer

I read The Knife of Never Letting Go last year and finally got around to the sequel. I was terrified for the characters the whole time. So many plot twists on top of each other. Good guys and bad guys and who knows what guys. I'm scared to read the last book.


5. The Empty Grave

The final book in the Lockwood and Co series and it was a banger. It was well written, terrifying, and I actually ended up liking Kipps. I love Lockwood and Lucy and hope that one day they find happiness together because they are too cute.


What was one of your top reads from 2021? Have you read any of these? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. I haven't read any of these, but they sound great! Whichwood sounds particularly brilliant. I love when authors read for their own audiobooks. Have you seen the movie based on Patrick Ness's series, Chaos Walking? I want to but haven't yet. I hope you have a great reading year for 2022!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't seen the Chaos Walking movie yet. I need to sit down and rent it one of these days. I hope you have great reads in 2022 as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts