Ranking Santa Clauses!

Ranking Santa Clauses!

What have I gotten myself into? Today we're going to be ranking a bunch of different Santa Clauses from movies over the years. As there are a lot of movies, I'll only be ranking actual Santa's, not people acting as Santa. This list will probably just be me saying I love all of them, but here we go.



11. Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Do I need to explain myself? Probably not, but I will anyway. This Santa is nice, he's got a cute character design and some fun lines. But I put him last because of how he didn't stop the other reindeer from picking on Rudolf, driving him away from the Pole. (This song has never been my favorite, if you can tell.)


10. Elf

Elf has grown on me since I first saw it, and I've seen it several times since, but to me, this Santa is pretty forgettable. I probably couldn't pick him out of a line-up. Nothing against him, I just don't remember him enough.


9. Santa Claus is Comin' To Town

I watched this movie a lot as a kid, but I haven't seen it for a while. It's a fun movie, though, with great songs that I remember most of to this day. I love this little red-haired Santa, taken in by a group of elves and taught to build toys. It's a simple story, but with plenty of action. I only put this Santa so low down because there are others I love more.


8. Nightmare Before Christmas

This Santa has a pretty small amount of screen time, but plays an important role in the story. I like him a lot because he's so sassy, yet he forgives the residents of Halloween Town for almost ruining his holiday.


7. Santa and Pete

This is a more realistic, down to earth version of the Santa Claus story, placed in the early days of America. This Santa Claus is pretty elderly, but so, so sweet and gentle. And yet he stands firm for the things he believes in. Not my top Santa, but still a fabulous one none the less.


6. Arthur Christmas

This movie actually features four Santa's, so we're going to have to do individual rankings. For me, I think it would 4. Santa (Arthur's neglectful father), 3. Steve (Arthur's brother, pretty much tying with Santa for last place), 2. Grand-Santa (persnickety and mean, but so funny), and of course, 1. Arthur (the hero of the story). You can from early on he's going to be such a great Santa.


5. Rise of the Guardians

Bet you've never seen a Santa like this. Russian, probably seven feet tall, two sleeves of tattoos, carries double swords. He's amazing and kick-butt. If I were to pick a Santa to fight bad guys with it, it would be this one. But he also manages to have that tenderness to him that we all love.


4. Klaus

I would never have thought J. K. Simmons could ever be Santa Claus. I've seen him play Jonah J. Jameson too many times. And yet, he surprised me in this movie with a tender and heartfelt portrayal of this famous character. This whole film is amazing and you should watch it. It should have won an Oscar instead of Toy Story 4.


3. Christmas Chronicles

Another Santa that defies the norms. Kurt Russell plays a guitar shredding, super cool Santa that you want to be best friends with and ride in his awesome sleigh. The first movie was better than the second, but he rocks in both and I suggest you check them out.


2. Polar Express

This Santa is kind of the perfect, ethereal figure of legend you'd expect. He glows on screen and even though he only has a few minutes of screen time, you fall in love with him. He's the sort of Santa you think of when you think of Santa.


1. The Santa Clause

For me, Tim Allen is The Santa. I love these movies and how he embodies the character. It's a little over the top at times, but it has such heart. I love him and his white beard and curly mustache and fuzzy mittens. He's just perfect.


Which is your top Santa? Who do you think was the worst Santa? Tell me in the comments!

Suggested Posts:



Comments

Popular Posts