Ranking Julie and the Phantom Songs!

Ranking Julie and the Phantom Songs!

The time has come for me to once again talk about Julie and the Phantoms. Will I ever stop talking about this show? Probably not. If you haven't watched it yet, go do that. I'll wait.

All right, now that you've binged all the episodes, let's talk about the music! Obviously, it's one of the highlights of the show. With amazing vocals, great lyrics, and the talents of the cast (they play their own instruments), the soundtrack rocks. So obviously, I've decided to rank the songs in order of how much I like them.

Now, this doesn't mean I don't like the songs at the bottom of the list. But something has to come last. I just like them slightly less than the other songs. So let's get to it!


15. You Got Nothing to Lose

This is the only number on the soundtrack I would say feels like filler. It doesn't really add much to the story except give Cheyenne Jackson more to sing. You could remove it without a problem, which is why I rank it last.

14. I Got the Music

Don't get me wrong, this song is a bop. I also love the kind of High School Music throwback feel. But I rank this song low for one big reason- Flynn's "rap". It grates me. It's not even real rapping. If it wasn't in there, this song would be so much better.


13. Wow

Does anyone else get Sharpay vibes from Carrie, or is it just me? She gets two songs in the show, and this is my lesser favorite of the two. The lyrics don't really do anything for me, although I do love the music references. The choreography is top notch though.

12. Bright

It's a good song, but I can never remember how it goes. I do love the harmonies between Madison and Charlie, but I'm probably going to say that about all of their songs together. They have such amazing chemistry.

11. This Band is Back (Reggie's Jam)

It doesn't do much for the story, but I think it's cute. I also love that Jeremy Shada got a small spotlight moment, because he is an awesome singer. (He even has other music out now. Tell your friends 😉.)

Just look at how adorable they are!

10. Finally Free

For a long time, I found this one harder to remember than Bright, but it's actually moved up in my rankings. It's very fun and Madison's riffs, especially at the end, are beautiful.

9. All Eyes On Me

I hate to rank both of Carrie's songs so low, but there are a lot of songs I love more. All Eyes On Me gives me major Fabulous flashbacks. It might be an egotistical song, but it's so fun to sing and go all out with. (And Alex's addition makes it hilarious.)


8. Wake Up

Songs 8-4 are pretty much all equal to me, but we had to rank them, so here we go. This is the first song we hear Julie sing, and it's perfect because it shows us how great a singer she is. It's got low notes, belted parts, piano, the works.

7. The Other Side of Hollywood

Okay, how can you not love a 1920s inspired ghost villain song? It's impossible. This song has panache, and it's incredibly catchy. It always makes me want to dance. It's too bad Cheyenne Jackson doesn't get anything else to sing besides the small song at the end.


6. Stand Tall

The final song. It has so much emotion packed into it, especially after you've seen the episode. I really like how all of the band members get a mini solo moment in the song. (Funny story: I was listening to this song the other day, and after the bridge my brother came to me and said, "oh, so they're not saying they're stencils. They're saying stand tall.")

5. Flying Solo

I like this one a lot because I kind of feel like it describes my sister and me. Not in every way, but like the lyrics say, I'd be flying solo without her. We're inseparable, like Julie and Flynn. So that's what I always think of with this song.


4. Now or Never

Such a classic rock sound. It is the perfect opening, as it's literally the first song we hear in the show. We don't get a lot of rock music in the show, but the influences are there. It's just so good.

3. Perfect Harmony

It melts my heart just thinking of it. Sure, I hate Luke's hairstyle, but everything else is so touching and sweet. Forbidden romance always gets me. As the name suggests, the harmonies are tight and perfect, and the dance is beautiful. Plus, the fact that Madison and Charlie wrote the song themselves is precious.


2. Unsaid Emily

If you thought this show was all fun and ghost jokes, wait until you get to this song. You will cry. But that's why it's one of the best songs in the show. It has so much feeling to it. And don't get me started on the scene itself. The moment when his parents realize he's dead? Heartbreaking. It brings a depth to the show that's really needed.

1. Edge of Great

This song is my all time favorite. Hands down. It makes me want to sing at the top of my lungs and dance around the room. This is also one of the few occasions where the version in the show is slightly better, because they changed the bridge. You'll have to watch the episode to see what I mean. This is the biggest song from the show, and honestly, it deserves it.



Do you agree with my rankings? Which is your favorite and least favorite songs? Tell me in the comments!

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. Such a great post! I keep telling myself that I should rank the songs, but I don't get any further than knowing Edge of Great is my number 1. Best. Song. Ever! Flying Solo is totally my sister and me, too! <3 Goodness, your brother thinking they were saying "stencils" instead of "stand tall" is HILARIOUS! It's so weird how much I've come to love Carrie's songs because, well, they're sung by Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was much harder than I anticipated to rank them all. A lot of them are equally great. But obviously, Edge of Great is the best one. Carrie is a great singer, I have to admit.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts