Weird/Random Tropes I Love

Weird/Random Tropes I Love

I think we all have those little things in books or movies that we adore. Sometimes it's a well known one, sometimes it's one of those little things characters do. So today I thought I'd share a few of those weird or random tropes I love. Sit back and enjoy, and don't forget to tell me yours!


Boys defending girls

I love when the bad guy shows up and the boy throws himself at him to protect his girl. Or when he stands protectively in front of her. It just makes me happy to see.

Tentative hand holding/touching

When one of the couple nervously initiates contact. The sliding of the hand across the table so they barely touch. Like that moment in the Greatest Showman that makes my heart die of cuteness every time.


Tiny dragons

Especially if they think they're much bigger and badder than they are. Taking one of the most enormous mythical beasts and making it small is like the best idea ever.

Invasion of the sanctuary

There's nothing like the villain invading the one place the hero thought they couldn't to set the hero on edge. It can be a very powerful moment and send the hero into the dark night of the soul perfectly.

Prepping for battle montage

I do so love me a good battle prep montage. Sharpening swords. Putting on armor or leather. Putting hair back. Setting up a trap. It's very exciting and gets you ready for what's to come.

Magic+technoloy

Especially if it's like older technology. 1950s or 60s style. The combination of fantasy and history can be hilarious and fun to read or watch.

Terrible-but-all-we've-got plans

It's the worst idea in the world, but we're out of options. Generally, these plans defy the odds and succeed somehow, which is probably why they're so fun.

Oh shoot, I love him/her

Both our characters are going along their merry way with some annoying other character when they suddenly look up and realize they're in love, with no idea how it happened. Watching that expression come across their face is priceless.

This scene is the perfect example

Heists

I love a heist! The crazier and more impractical the better. The best kinds include lowering from the ceiling, laser grids, unneeded back-flips, and narrow escapes.


What are some random tropes you love? Do you like any of these? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. Yessssss. Yes to all of these. I've included at least the first three in stories of my own (tiny dragons coming in June. I'm very excited. XD), and the first two both apply to a character couple that I cannot stop writing fluff for, LOL. They're such sweet tropes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need all the tiny dragons! I haven't written many couples, but it is so hard not to make everything cute all the time.

      Delete
    2. It is! With some couples more than others, in my experience, but it can definitely be a challenge with some of them to make sure there's realistic conflict as well, lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts