January 2023 Recap

January 2023 Recap

I swear it was November a second ago. And now January 2023 is over. What is happening to the time?


•I experienced some overwhelm at the start of the year by overthinking everything I wanted to do this year. Then I reminded myself that I don't need to do everything RIGHT NOW and that helped a lot.

•Some of my siblings and I went to see Puss in Boots: The Last Wish yesterday. We had the whole theater to ourselves and had a great time.


•I didn't have a lot of activities this month, which was great to help me get back into my routine after the holidays. It was great to have some extra downtime too.


Unhinged- A. G. Howard (4 stars)

We Were Dreamers- Simu Liu (4 stars)

Ensnared- A. G. Howard (4 stars)

Silk: Age of the Witch- Emily Kim (4 stars)

Skirts: Fashioning Modern Femininity in the Twentieth Century- Kimberly Chrisman-Campbell (3 stars)

Cinder and Glass- Melissa de la Crus (4 stars)

Brody's Ghost, Vol. 1- Mark Crilley (4 stars)


I got a Letterboxd account this year so I can properly track my movie viewing habits. So now you get the full list of what I watched in a month. An asterisk will mark if something is a rewatch.

The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (not great, but it made me laugh)

Venom: Let There Be Carnage* (I find Venom/Eddie hilarious)

The Cat Returns* (cute and nonsensical in the best way)

My Father's Dragon (also very cute)

Monsters University* (movie time with my siblings)

Where the Crawdads Sing (excellent adaptation of the book)

Return of the Jedi* (the final film in our family's Star Wars movies rewatch)

The Secret World of Arrietty* (kind of meh as Ghibli films go)

To Catch a Thief (a slow paced thriller with a romantic subplot)

Jurassic World: Dominion* (still meh at best)

Kung Fu Panda 2* (not as good as number one, but still great)

Eternals (bad, but not quite as bad as I thought it would be)

Top Gun: Maverick (exactly what I wanted Top Gun to be)

The Pale Blue Eye (an engaging murder mystery starring Edgar Allen Poe)

Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio (I loved everything but the songs)

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish (such a step up from the first one, and I like the first one)


Querying: No more news. I entered a Twitter pitch contest on a whim, but nothing came of it. That's okay.

Editing: I finished the plot hole edits and now I'm working on other plot related edits. It's going pretty well.


January posts were:



I'm also thinking of making some changes to this blog, but I haven't decided anything definite yet. I'll let you know what decisions I come to.


•I made this adorable air dry clay Octopus Prime! Isn't he precious? I'm so proud of him.


•I also completed the next Disney Princess- Aurora from 1959. Her face is weird, but I love her skirt.



•Take a trip to Virginia for a few days with my sister.

•Do some cleaning and organizing.

•Probably send a new batch of queries.

How was your January? Was it busy or peaceful? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. Letterboxd lets you track your movie-watching?? I've been looking for something I could use like Goodreads but for movies for AGES. How's your experience with Letterboxd been thus far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it a lot. You can make lists of what you watch and what you want to watch and write reviews just like on Goodreads

      Delete
    2. Awesome! I'll have to give it a look, then!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts