5 Small Musicians You Should Listen To

5 Small Musicians You Should Listen To

There's something special about being a fan of a small musician or band. Your helping support someone's dream! Plus, you can brag later that you listened to them before they were cool.

Today I have five recommendations for small artists that you should start listening to. Like, now.


#1: Sabrina Carpenter


She's not as small anymore, but I still feel like she flies under the radar a lot. I've been following Sabrina since her first album in about 2015. It's been amazing to see her musical talent and popularity grow.

Genre: Pop

Featuring: Vocal riffs, teen angst, growing up themes

#2: Jonathan Young


I'm not a huge hard rock/metal person (aka, I don't like it at all), but Jonathan Young is my one exception. I discovered him through his rock Disney covers on YouTube. Since then, he's released his first album, and let me tell you, it's a banger. Go listen to it right now.

Genre: Hard rock and metal

Featuring: Epic guitar riffs, excellent vocals, songs about sword fights

#3: Laufey


I discovered Laufey through Amanda Rach Lee on YouTube. If you like soft vocal music with jazz and classical music influence, you'll love her. Sadly, she only has one album too, but it's well worth listening to.

Genre: Jazz pop

Featuring: Bossa nova sound, soothing vocals, great song-writing

#4: Jeremy Shada


If you're a Julie and the Phantoms fan, you might recognize Jeremy as playing Reggie in the show. But he actually has a lot of original music and a great album that you should check out.

Genre: Pop rock

Featuring: Big band sound, retro influences, amazing vocals

#5: Minnz Piano


This is a piano cover artist I discovered on YouTube, although you can also listen to them on Spotify. If you find pop music too distracting, but still want to listen to Taylor Swift, these covers are perfect.

Genre: Instrumental pop

Featuring: Soothing piano, excellent instrument arrangements, Barbie covers


Do you listen to any of these musicians? Who's a small artist you'd recommend? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. Sabrina Carpenter is great! I think I've heard a couple odd songs from a couple others on this list, but I'll have to give them a closer look.

    A few small artists I love:
    -Andrew Peterson (like Sabrina Carpenter, more popular than the others but still often under the radar)
    -The Arcadian Wild
    -Juniper Vale
    -Lilli Furfaro (especially her song "Stories")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm adding all of these to my "listen to" list!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts