Disney Movies of 2016

disney pic

I love movies and I love Disney. Whether it's Disney itself, Pixar, Marvel, or Star Wars, I like it all. For all you Disney fans, here's a list of upcoming Disney movies, and my thoughts about them.


Zootopia- March 4
Zootopia takes place in a world populated with animals that walk, talk, wear clothes, have jobs, and are basically like us. Judy Hopps, a rabbit police officer, joins forces with Nick Wilde, a fox, to solve a mysterious case and show everyone she can be a police officer. Its cast includes Ginnifer Goodwin, Jason Bateman, Shakira, and Idris Elba.
This looks like another great Disney classic. The trailers alone are hilarious (try the sloth one). I'm already in love with it and especially with Judy and Nick. Try Everything, Shakira's song in the movie, is beautiful and already on my favorites playlist.


The Jungle Book- April 15
This is another one of Disney's classic animations remade into a live action film, though how live action it can be when most of the characters are wild animals, I don't know. I assume it will be following the same basic story of the old film. We've already seen giant animals and several scenes reminiscent of the old one movie in the trailer. The cast has some big names with great voices including Ben Kingsley, Bill Murray, and Scarlet Johansson. It also is introducing adorable Neel Sethi as Mowgli.
I've always enjoyed the Jungle Book and I'm excited to see what they do with this new one. I hope they keep the fun tone of the old one and maybe some of the songs. The most interesting thing will be seeing what Warner Brothers, who are coming out with a Jungle Book next year, will do with the film. Will they follow the book more? We'll have to wait and see.


Captain America: Civil War- May 6
This is the third Captain America film, based off the comic book by the same name. After a incident causes some big problems, probably the death of civilians, the government wants to watch the Avengers. They split up into two factions, the ones with the government decision, led by Tony Stark, and the ones against it, led by Steve Rodgers. The superhero roster grows as more heroes are added in this film. Most of the old cast is there and they are also adding Martin Freeman, Tom Holland, Chadwick Boseman.
Sorry, Stark fans, but I'm team Cap all the way. I'm really excited and nervous for this one. One of the trailer shots shows Rhodey lying on the ground. If he dies, I'll be rather upset. And if Cap dies, like in the comics, I'm going to go through the roof. Anyway, it looks epic and with all those new heroes, I can't wait to see it. 


Alice Through the Looking Glass- May 27
I loved the first Alice in Wonderland and I can't wait for this one. This time, Alice has to travel back in time to save the Hatter from losing his Muchness. The Red Queen returns and a new character, Time, played by Sasha Baron Cohen, appears. All our old friends are back, including the Caterpillar, voiced by the late Alan Rickman. The movie also includes a new cover of the song White Rabbit by Pink.
As I said, I am look forward to this one. I think it will be a nice continuation from the first one. There's new locations, including a cool fortress of Time's, and more bizarre but awesome costumes.


Finding Dory- June 17
Instead of trying to find Nemo, this time Dory is seeking answers to her past. She wants to find her family, and probably will, since this is Disney. The old cast is back, except for Nemo, and a few new people have been added- like Diane Keaton.
Personally, I didn't like the first film so this isn't of big excitement to me. The people who enjoyed the first one will probably be flipped to see there's a second one. There's bound to be some more beautiful scenery that you can't believe isn't real, and more hilarious lines. Shark bait, oh ah ah.


The BFG- July 1
Steven Speilburg will be directing this adaptation of the book. The first trailer gave us a small taste of what looks like a great movie. It follows Sophie, a London girl, who meets the BFG (big friendly giant). He takes her to his cave and teaches her about the giant world. He also shows her dreams, which he collects to send to children. The other giants are probably going to make mischief in the human world by the time the story's over. Cast members are Mark Rylance, Bill Hader, Rebecca Hall, and Ruby Barnhill as Sophie.
I've never read the book, though I plan to before July. But I think this will be a great movie, though maybe a little scary for small children. The giant will be especially interesting as we haven't seen him yet.


Pete's Dragon- August 12
Disney's second remake this year but this time of the 1977 movie. I bet the dragon will be a lot more real looking. A forest ranger meets Pete, who claims to have a dragon named Elliot as his best friend and protector. I have a feeling someone will threaten the dragon and they'll have to stop him. Bryce Dallas Howard, Robert Redford, Karl Urban, and Oakes Fegley star.
I never liked the old film, so I only saw it a few times. However, I am looking forward to see this new adaptation. My only problem is they didn't let us see Elliot in the trailer they released. I guess they can't show everything at once.


Queen of Katwe- fall
I'll be honest, I don't know much about this film. It's about a girl who wants to become a chess champion. It takes place in Uganda, a country in Africa, and is based off a true story.
The cast of this one is predominantly black so far, which is good. I think if it is done right, this could be a very powerful story. I'll be interested in seeing more about this film as time goes by.


Doctor Strange- November 4
A new superhero is being brought to the big screen. The awesomest part? He's being played by the one and only Benedict Cumberbatch. Not much has been released about the plot except he was a neurosurgeon and got in an accident, forcing him to stop working. He discovers, though no one says how, alternate dimensions and magic.
I've seen all the concept art so far and it looks cool. Benedict is a pretty good match for him. Hopefully he'll be able to pronounce all those weird names of things from the comics.


Moana- November 23
The next Disney princess is from the Pacific Islands. She sets off with her friend Maui, the demi-god, to finish a job her ancestors left unfinished. The cast has Dwayne Johnson and Hawaiian native, Auli'i Cravalho so far. (Don't ask me to say that.) She says she dreamed of being a Disney princess. I think it's nice that they wanted to cast a real Hawaiian in the role.
I think this movie will be a big hit and I hope it has super songs. Moana looks like another spunky princess who will let nothing stop her.


Rogue One- December 16
It's the first stand alone Star Wars film. It's about a group of pretty tough looking resistance fighters who try to steal the Death Star plans. We'll have to wait for more information than that until later.
I love how the new Star Wars films have strong female main characters. This film looks grittier than some of the others but I think it will be a good movie.

Which movies are you most looking forward to, and why? Tell me what you think in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts