Have Skirt, Will Exercise
Pants vs. Skirt
So why are pants easier to exercise in? For one thing, they are close cut. Skirts have a lot of loose fabric that gets in the way, perfect for tripping you up. Second, pants don't ride up. A skirt, depending on what you're doing, can do that and show off things you don't want seen. Third, pants enable you to see your body better. They allow you to see your legs and feet easier than a skirt would. Exercise one of the few times I wish I could wear pants. They are more ideal for it. But sometimes you have to work around these things.
The best alternative is a good pair of culottes. If you don't know what this is, it is a skirt divided into two sides. Another common name is a split skirt. They look like a skirt, but give you more freedom of motion. You can make them at home or buy them. Culottes work well for exercise because of their freedom. They are also good for many other activities like sports or hiking.
If you aren't even allowed to wear culottes, don't worry. A skirt can work for exercise. The following tips will help you decided what to wear for exercise, whether you can wear culottes or a skirt.
Choosing Exercise Clothes
1. Determine what to wear by what exercise you're doing. I like to do mostly dance exercise and yoga for an example. If you plan on dancing, you can wear skirts or culottes. Just make sure your skirt is loose for leg freedom. If you're doing a sculpting exercise, culottes are preferable. And so on.
2. Wear a tank top or fitted shirt. Keeping as much cloth out of the way as possible helps a lot.
3. Wear good shoes. Yoga, Pilates, and other sculpting exercises don't need shoes. But most types of cardio do. Make sure your shoes fit well. The same goes for your socks.
4. Have the proper equipment. Leslie Sansone's walking workouts often need a resistance band. Some cardio has weights. Yoga needs a mat. Check what you are doing and make sure you have everything within reach before you begin.
5. Keep that hair out of the way. I never exercise with my hair down. When I do, I regret it. It's best to put your hair in a ponytail so it stays out of your face and doesn't heat you up.
I hope this helps you to exercise well no matter what you wear. Get out there and make your body beautiful.