2017 Review and 2018 Look Ahead

2017 Review and 2018 Look Ahead

Happy New Year! 2017 has been an interesting year for me. Sometimes, it was great. I did lots of fun stuff with my family and friends, and learned new things about myself. But other times, it's been hard. My grandmother died, rough things have been going on, and I've had some depression struggles. Through it all, though, I've had my family, my friends, and most importantly, God. Let's take a look back at what happened in 2017 and look forward to what this new year will be like.

2017

Personal-

I didn't have a lot of personal goals last year. It was kind of a year of surviving. One of my goals was to do the splits, which I have finally accomplished after about two years of working towards them. I can't get them every time, but I'm stretching much more frequently now. I want to be able to do the standing splits soon.

My word of the year was fearless. Did I always act that way? No, but that's okay. Life is always a work in progress. But I did my best to try to be fearless.

Writing-

My writing goal, as I said in a previous post, was to edit two novels. I've almost finished editing two, so I'd say I accomplished that. I did a lot of work on learning how to outline and edit better. I even wrote a short story for the first time.

Blog-

For my blog goal, I wanted to grow my blog and increase engagement. I feel like I've done that. My posts get more views now and I get comments much frequenter than I did at the beginning of the year. A blog is a constantly evolving thing and it can be a challenge something figuring out how to engage people and do what you like at the same time.

2018

Personal-

At the moment I have a few personal goals, but I might add to that later. First is to stretch, workout, or be active 20 minutes a day, five or six days a week. I feel like I need to push myself a bit more, which is why I picked this one. A second goal I have is to draw more. I'd like to get better at art and drawing, plus it's always good to be create.

Finally, I want to read 150 books (hopefully more). I saw a good idea from RedGal Musings to pick what you want to read like so many non-fiction or fantasy, or picking authors you want to read. I plan on working out that more soon.

Writing-

I have three major goals for writing in 2018. 1) Draft 2-3 novels. 2) Edit 2-3 novels. 3) Make a publishing plan. I plan on working at these goals so I can accomplish lots of writing this year. I know things don't always go the way we plan, so we'll see how it goes.

Blog-

To be honest, I haven't concreted my blog goals for this year. So let's talk about some things I want to do this year. I want to be better at big picture stuff, for one thing. I'd also like to work on my blog's look. I love the new Blogger templates. They look so professional, so I want to use one to make my blog look better. Then I'm considering upping to three posts a week. I haven't decided about that, but I want to try it next month.

Let's talk! How was 2017 for you? What are some of your goals for 2018? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. Prayers for you Rachel! Here's to a better 2018!!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and may you also have a good 2018. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts