January Recap

January Recap

The first month of the year is at an end. And with a new year, I'm trying a new format with my monthly recap. Let me know what you think after you read it. Shall we begin?

What I Did

• Had a fun New Year's Day, even if it was a day late because we were sick. We did fondue, a chocolate fountain, and Pictionary. My sister and I crushed it, mostly because we have a mind link. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't stay up til midnight this year, but there are other years.

• I got to see the Batmobile! We went to DC and got to see the 1989 (Michael Keeton Batman's) Batmobile. It was wicked awesome. Then we went and saw a exhibit of Vermeer. It was nice, but there were too many people and not enough Vermeer.





• My dad took me and a few of my siblings to see another exhibit on murder dollhouses. This woman recreated real murders so police and such could (and still do) use them to learn to solve crimes. It was a bit disturbing, actually, and also kind of cool.

• Went to the March for Life. It was one of the biggest and slowest, ever. But I still like going and being able to show my support for pro-life. We also went to the Folger Shakespeare and the Portrait Gallery, making the whole day super long.


They had these awesome costumes out at the Folger. We had fun trying them on and didn't want to give them back.


Blog

• My biggest news is I opened a specific blog Instagram. You can follow me at rsloft or click the link in the sidebar. I've already posted several pictures and plan on doing plenty more, so be sure to check it out.

• I'm also trying to be more active on Facebook. I'll be doing a bunch of different stuff over there, like what I'm reading each week, little writing updates, and such, so follow me there too.

• You may have also noticed I updated the blog look! I love Bloggers new templates. They're so professional, so I had to give my blog a face lift, you could say. I did a bit of tweaking to the logo as well. What do you think?

Watched/Listened

• My siblings and I decided to dedicate our January to watching through the whole of Ninjago, all seven seasons and four special episodes of it. We'll finish tomorrow by watching the Lego Ninjago Movie. It's been fun watching through something all at once.

• I watched Dead Men Tell No Tales again. I need to do a post on that one to fully sum up my feelings. But the gist of is it is I think they should have focused on Henry more and left out Carina completely.

• I've started getting into Imagine Dragons music. They don't always enunciate, but I like the sound. My current favorite is "Believer".

• Other listening includes Ed Sheeran, reputation, Hamilton, and The Greatest Showman. I can't get enough of that music. It's the best and I can't wait to see the movie.

Writing and Art

• Horsemen and Hollows. I made a goal of finish the outline of this by the end of the month, and I've basically accomplished that. I just have a few things left, like making a novel soundtrack, copying my notes into Scrivener, and things like that.

• Goggles, Corsets, and Cyborgs has been under editing. It's coming along. I'm working on both basic plot editing and more worldbuilding because for a steampunk novel, it doesn't have nearly enough steampunk.

• Most of my art has been sketching the characters from HH. It was fun capturing that 1950s look. But I also finished these drawings of Uma, Harry, and Dizzy inspired outfits from Descendants 2.

Brian, the protagonist of HH

Ichabod, the antagonist of HH

And Kathy, the love interest



Mood

To be honest, January has been stressful for me. Planning out my year has made me stressed (especially since I'll have to get a job this year), and I've just had a lot of stuff on my plate and on my mind. I plan on changing that in February. I don't want to get any side effects from being too stressed.

February Thoughts

• I want to get started on my Doctor Who series of drawings. I want to draw each of the Doctors, which should be fun.

• It's my mom's birthday and Valentine's Day, so both of those will be nice. I've got to get working on both of them, in fact.

• As I said, I'm going to be less stressed. I don't care what it takes, I'm going to do it.

• Finally, I'm going to try posting three times a week for February and March. Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. We'll see how it goes.

Let's talk! How has your January been? Do you enjoy binge watching shows? What do you do for stress? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. My January went well! XD I LOVE binge watching shows, but...I'm usually not allowed to. :-Z Hey, we've (my siblings and I) been watching Ninjago too! XD That's super cool that you went to the March for Life and got to see the Batmobile. :-D Love your drawings; my favorite is the one of Harry\Hook. I've gotten into Imagine Dragons as well! I love the song Believer. XD
    I hope you aren't as stressed this month. <3 Can't wait to see your Doctor Who drawings! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad your January went well. I'm happy you liked the post. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts