Cute Romance Movies for Valentines Day

Cute Romance Movies for Valentines Day

I don't know about you, but I love a cute romantic movie or rom-com once in a while. What's not to like? (Except maybe extraneous sex scenes.) Sure, we all know they'll get together in the end, but it's about the journey to get there. So here are five romances or movies with a strong romantic subplot for your Valentine's Day.

(And can I ask why valentine is spelled with an "n" but we pronounce it like it's an "m"? Spelling will be the death of me yet.)





Princess Diaries 2: The Royal Engagement

While this movie is technically about Princess Mia becoming queen of Genovia, it's basically a love story. I love this movie and I love the romance that develops between her and Nicholas. Their banter is to die for. So yeah, basically the perfect movie.



To All the Boys I've Loved Before

In this Netflix movie, Lara Jean starts to fake date a boy from her school and as you might guess, it evolves into a real relationship. It's a cute movie with an Asian protagonist, which is nice, plus it's fairly clean, so bonus points. And the second movie is coming out a week from today, so you could go on a binge.



Singin' in the Rain

Part comedy, part romance, and part musical, this movie has it all. It takes place in an interesting era of Hollywood where they switch from silent movies to sound. The two leads are super cute together and the dance numbers are iconic.



Emma

All of Jane Austen's novels are romances, so any of them would be perfect to watched, but I picked this one because it's both a romance and funny. Emma tries to play matchmaker while missing the very obvious signs of everyone around her and has to learn to stop meddling.



Howl's Moving Castle

This is another one that isn't strictly a romance, the romantic subplot is quite important to the story. Summarizing the movie wouldn't make any sense, but I love watching Sophie and Howl falling in love with each other and how he thinks she's beautiful even though she doesn't feel like she is.



Do you have a favorite romantic movie? Have you watched any of these? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

My Favorite Fictional Couples

An Introduction to. . . Romance


Comments

  1. I have seen The Princess Diaries 2 more times than I can count, and I like it, except for Nicholas, lol! I just love the first one and the relationship between Mia and Michael more.

    I love Singin' in the Rain!! It's my favorite movie of all time, and I especially love watching it near Valentine's Day. <3

    Howl's Moving Castle and Emma are more of my favorites! I haven't seen To All The Boys I Love Before, but my sister wants to watch that this month, so maybe I'll join her. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister doesn't like Nicholas either. Mostly because she hates Chris Pine. I do feel like Michael got shortchanged in the sequel. I really need to rewatch Singin' In the Rain myself.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts