5 Things I Love in Romances

5 Things I Love in Romances

It's hard not to like a cute couple in fiction. I've become a lot softer towards romance than I was in my youth, and enjoy reading it occasionally. Since Valentine's Day is tomorrow, I thought I'd share some of the things I love seeing in romance books or movies.


1. The moment when they realize they love each other.

One of my favorite tropes is the slow burn romance. And of course the best moment of that is when both characters suddenly look up and realize they love the other person with all their heart. It's so satisfying and so sweet. Especially when everyone else but them knows they're in love.

2. Old couples.

The kind that have been married for fifty years, barely left each other, and act just as much in love as when they first married. You can keep your young angst couples, YA. Give me Carl and Ellie any day over them. I love old couples that still dance in their living room, bring each other presents, and hold hands while they walk. Love is more than an emotion, it's a choice. That's why I love old couples.


3. Small touches of affection.

Holding hands while walking. Leaning against the other person during a movie. The forehead touch. I love little things like that. Sure, a passionate kiss is great, but I think it's cuter when the couple doesn't need to suck each other's faces to show they're in love.

This is the cutest part of the Greatest Showman by far

4. Dorky couples.

Anna and Kristoff. Peter Parker and MJ. I love when you have a pair that as dorky as each other. Both of them are awkward and weird and they're both okay with that. Or even normal couples doing silly things together. I'm happy with any of it.


5. Protecting each other.

You can often find couples in action movies as well and one of my favorite things there is when they get in trouble and both have to fight and protect each other. Or just when a guy keeps his girl safe or the girl has to kick someone's butt to get back her guy. Bonus points if they work together to get out of the situation and then kiss at the end.

I could probably go on for a while, so I'll just leave you with those five for today. Happy Valentine's Day, everyone, whether or not you have a significant other in your life.


What are your favorite things for couples to do? Do you have a favorite fictional relationship? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. /YES/ these are all really cute! And old couples ftw-Carl and Ellie are seriously so sweet. <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much yes! I love all of these things much more than make out sessions! I want those tender and sweet acts of love. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Plus, more personal acts of love show you really know the person in a way that kissing doesn't.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts