February 2020 Recap

February 2020 Recap

I blinked and January was gone, while February has last two months at least. Also, so far Maryland has decided winter is overrated and refused to snow. However, there's still hope for snow next month. Let's rewind and see what I did or didn't do this month.


What I Did

• Went to the Maryland March for Life, followed up by pizza with friends. It wasn't too cold, which was nice, and I was glad I could go to show my support for pro-life on a state level.



• Our church had a mini conference for women which I was able to go to with my mom and sister. It was such an encouraging time. You could see the speaker loved God so much from her years of following him and it made me want to have a relationship like that. She talked on growing a relationship with God and with other women and the whole thing was blessing.

• I got this cute panda bear to put in my car. His name is Nick Furry to go with my car, which is named Marvel (after the character, not the franchise).


• Got to go to a few media previews with my dad. One was for a Degas exhibit that's opening in DC and I loved it. He is one of my favorite artists and it had a lot of his paintings that I've only seen pictures of before.


• I worked on sticking more to a budget and I think I did a pretty good job. I've been trying to get better about splurging and work on saving more.

Books

Ink- Alice Broadway (2 stars)

Knock Three Times- Cressida Cowell (5 stars)

Northanger Abbey- Jane Austen (4 stars)

The Conference of Birds- Ransom Riggs (4 stars)

The Fall of the Readers- Django Wexler (4 stars)

The Fowl Twins- Eoin Colfer (5 stars)

The Beautiful- Renee Ahdieh (2 1/2 stars)

Movies

Inception (so mind hurting, but so good. Highly recommend)

X2: X-Men United (pretty good, especially the actors)

X-Men 3: The Last Stand (very epic, but left me with questions)

Abominable (cute and has a very well animated violinist)

On the Blog

-My top post this month turned out to be the Stationary Tag I did (instead of any of my great original content?). I also started a new series called Character Archetypes, which will be a monthly installment for a while.

-On Instagram I am two followers away from 190, so if you haven't followed me there, please do. I post lots of great book and writing pictures.

Writing

• My sister did some critiques on New Magic, so now I have some more editing to do on that.

• I started editing on the second book while I was waiting and it turns out the whole thing will need re-writing. *screams into the void* So now I'm trying to come up with a new plot for it and not pull out all my hair.

• Also, I may have started a short story fairy tale retelling yesterday. Oops. (I'm not sorry.)

Art

• Look! I painted Starry Night as a gift for my mom's birthday. I'm pretty proud of how it came out, although against the real thing, it looks amateurish.


• This rather random drawing is inspired by a meme I saw about C-3PO wearing a crop top. So I dew this gender-bent humanized version of C-3PO. I like it, even if it's weird.


March Thoughts

• I want to get a good start on re-writes for Missing Magic. I probably won't finish it all, but I'd like to get like 80% done.

• I plan to do maybe two or three drawings of various kinds.

• I want to get down my library stack. It's gotten kind of big again. Libraries are a dangerous place.


Have you had any snow where you are? What did you do in February? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

The Sequel/Prequel Conundrum

5 Things I Love in Romances

Comments

  1. Well, I mean, at least I can be glad my stationary tag is doing well? šŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMW your panda bear is adorable. <33 That's so cool that you got to go to a March for Life! AND I didn't know that there was a series out about the Fowl twins!!! I will have to look that up. :-D Inception is one of my absolute favorite movies EVER. <33 And I love your Starry Night painting!!! And the C-3PO human re-imagining is COOL. We have had snow here!!! But not recently-it's beginning to be Spring now. X'D I hope you have an epic March!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You'll have to check out the Fowl Twins, it was amazing. I'm glad somebody got snow this winter at least.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like February was fun! I like your art! :D Genderbending C-3P0 was a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good. And thanks! I had fun making C-3PO. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts