The Fairy Tale Tag

The Fairy Tale Tag

Happy Tell a Fairy Tale Day! In honor of that, I've got a fun tag to do today by Fairy Tale Central. (You should totally check out their blog because it is every fairy tale lover's dream.) I've been a major fan of fairy tales since I was young, so doing this tag shall be fun.


– What’s an obscure fairy tale you love?

I've always liked King Thrushbeard. It's about a selfish princess who refuses every suitor in the land, until one of them gets the better of her. She learns not to judge by appearances. I like this one because it's simple, but has a good message and kind of reminds me of the Taming of the Shrew.

– If you got to choose Disney’s next animated princess movie, what fairy tale would you choose to be adapted?

Maybe the Twelve Dancing Princess? Or the Wild Swans? There are a lot of great princesses out there for them to pick from.


– What is the first fairy tale you remember hearing when you were a child?

I'm not sure there's just one, but I was given a book of fairy tales when I was young that i loved to look at. It had the best illustrations and a lot of classic tales (where I learned the real story of The Little Mermaid). I still have it actually.


– If you were to embark on a fairy tale quest, what necessities would you pack in your bag?

Some food, for sure, because supplies are very important for a fairy tale quest. I'd also pack some warm clothes because these things run long, a weapon of some sort in case of dragons, and some mementos of home.

– What’s your favorite fairy tale trope?

Knights in shining armor and talking animal sidekicks. I also love princess that can talk to animals because that feels like such a pure skill.

– If you could be any fairy tale character archetype (the princess, the soldier, fairy godmother, talking animal, mischievous imp, wise old woman, evil stepmother/sister, etc.), who would you want to be and why?

My first pick would be to be the dragon slayer, because that would be awesome. But my second pick would be the wise old woman who gets to say cryptic things and leave everyone scratching their heads.

– What animal/mythical creature would be your sidekick for fairy tale adventures?

For a regular animal, I think a horse because it would be useful and a good companion. If I were to pick a mythical creature, probably a dragon. Because dragon.


– What is your favorite historical era, and what fairy tale would you love to see in that setting?

My favorite historical era is the Roaring 20s. I've had a fascination with it for a long time. I think you could do a cool Little Mermaid or what about a a Snow Queen with mobsters and society queens?

– If you could change a fairy tale’s villain into a hero, who would you choose and why?

How about the Giant from Jack and the Beanstalk? I would pick him because it's not fair that he was just up in the clouds minding his own business when this nitwit grows a beanstalk into his back yard and steals his stuff.



– Do you prefer fairy tales with happy endings or sad/tragic endings? why or why not?

I'm always for happy endings. I just don't like being left sad when I'm done with a story. I prefer endings to leave me with hope.


What is your favorite fairy tale? Which character would you like to be in a fairy tale? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

12 Fairy Tale Retellings I Want to See

It's So Classic Tag

Comments

  1. "Because dragon." <--- Literally my life motto! XD

    These answers were great! And I am 100000% with you on wanting a Twelve Dancing Princesses and The Wild Swans adaptations! Those are two of my MOST favorite fairy tales everrrr and I need some pretty movies of them! *SOBS* Disney needs to get on board. A LOT of us have answered with those two fairy tales for that question!

    Princesses who can talk to animals are awesome, YES! I am totally with you there! :D

    The roaring 20s is such a great time period! I love it too. OH OH. Have you read January Snow by Hayden Wand? It just came out recently, but it's a Snow White retelling set in the roaring 20s and has the evil stepmother as a mob boss so YES. It. Is. AMAZING!!! I absolutely recommend it!

    Ooooh! The giant from Jack in the Beanstalk is a great pick for that question. I would have never thought of that one! It's perfect! :D

    HAPPY ENDINGS FTW. YES!!!

    Thank you so much for joining in on our tag! And for the sweet shout-out to our blog. Our followers are the best! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that book out. It sounds awesome. I had a lot of fun with this tag!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You can never go wrong with a Star Wars gif :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts