February 2021 Recap

February 2021 Recap

For being the shortest month of the year, February seemed quite long to me. I'm kind of feeling like "it's still February?". But let's go ahead and get into the recap.


• It has snowed like every week here. I know that's nothing compared to some states, but Maryland doesn't get weather like this. There are still ice patches out there and I couldn't even go into work twice just due to snow (not that I'm complaining).


• Speaking of work, my job has made me start doing customer service, and I hate it. I much prefer being a cashier and staring at the wall for four hours than dealing with the stress of the other.

• I went to my first eye appointment on my own. It wasn't as hard as I thought. My current glasses are super scratched up, so I ordered new ones and I'm excited to have them come in.

• Tried making my own chocolate chia seed pudding. It was actually pretty good.


Two Towers- J. R. R. Tolkien (5 stars)

To All the Boys I Loved Before- Jenny Han (4 stars)

P. S. I Still Love You- Jenny Han (4 stars)

The Wolf Gate- Hanna Sandvig (4 stars)

The Lily Gate- Hannah Sandvig (5 stars)

Always and Forever, Lara Jean- Jenny Han (4 stars)

Jane Eyre- Charlotte Bronte (4 stars)

Atomic Habits- James Clear (5 stars)

Mindwar- Andrew Clavan (3 stars)

Because of Winn-Dixie- Kate DiCamillo (4 stars)


Soul (interesting. I have a post coming on it next month)

Breach (a pretty cool true story about a spy in the FBI)

Book of Life (also interesting, but not the best)

Ocean Waves (not the best Ghibli, but the first one I've seen in Japanese)

Always and Forever, Lara Jean (cute, even if they changed a lot of the book)


• I finished the edits I was working on in Horsemen and Hollows. I don't know if it's any better, but isn't that always the question?

• I also started working on a short story on the side. My original draft lacked any direction or plot, so I'm currently re-drafting it. It's inspired by my love of magical, mysterious houses.


• My most popular post this month was Villains and the Five Love Languages, which I'm glad of because I had a lot of fun writing it.

• I hit 250 followers on Instagram. Also, a writing group I'm part of made a super awesome reel collab. So if you're not following me there, I highly suggest it.

• You may have also noticed I did some little changes to the blog. I made a new header on the homepage (please check it out), as well as some new graphics and other little updates. I hope you like it.


I finished another inspired character- this one inspired by "Samantha" from Frozen II. I had a lot of fun imagining this character.


This one is kind of random, but I was inspired by a Taylor Swift lyric to make this drawing. I really like how it came out.



• Finish up my short story, then work on prepping New Magic for betas.

• Continue praying about my job situation. God hasn't opened any doors yet, so I'm trying to be content where I am and figure things out.

• Celebrate my sister's 21st birthday in style. Because last year it sucked.

• Finish the Gallagher Girls series. I have the last three books checked out of the library, which shouldn't take me long to read, because I binge them.


How was your February? Did you get a lot of snow? Tell me in the comments!

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. The snow looks so pretty! Sorry about the job situation that sucks. I too hate customer service. XP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very pretty the first few days. And thanks. Customer service is the worst.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts