June 2022 Recap

June 2022 Recap

What happened to June? Heck, what happened to 2022? Somehow June is almost over and 2022 is halfway done. I'm about to switch to a new bullet journal and I just did my mid-year review earlier this week. This month has flown by, as has this year. But it's not over yet, so let's see what I did in June.


•My sister and I went to Awesome Con. We decided to cosplay together and went as Ian and Barley from Onward. We love them because their personalities and relationship with each other are almost identical to my sister and I. We had a great time, I got to see Anthony Daniels speak, watched a lightsaber performance, and wandered the convention floor.





Got a pair of steampunk goggles!

•My family went to Virginia for the weekend. I was sick, which kind of sucked, but I did my best to have a good time in spite of that. We went shopping, went to the arcade, and got to see Jurassic World: Dominion on opening night at the drive-in.





•We also took trips to Mount Vernon and the Natural History Museum. Both were fun trips.



•I got my first copywriting client! It's been going well so far. I hope this leads me to more jobs so I can do more of the things I'd like to.


The Dark Matter of Mona Starr- Laura Lee Gulledge (3 stars)

The Rose and the Dagger- Renee Ahdieh (3 stars)

The Comeback- E. L. Shen (4 stars)

Calligraphy Guild- R. M. Archer (4 stars)

A Wild Winter Swan- Gregory Maguire (3 1/2 stars)

Love and Gelato- Jenna Evans Welch (4 stars)


Jurassic World: Dominion (too much locus, not enough dinosaur)

G.I. Joe: Retaliation (cheesy, but that's why I picked it)

Obi-Wan Kenobi (not as good as I hoped, but I still enjoyed it)

Blade Runner (surprisingly better than I thought)


•I finished the second draft of OAMH and handed it off to my sister. The total word count was 98k, the longest novel I've ever written! I think the draft came out well, and I'm interested to see my sister's thoughts.

•Now I'm working on prepping to send out my first query letters. So far I've come up with my comp titles and written my novel summary, which was so hard. I made a whole bullet journal spread to keep my on track with my goals.


•June was a very slow art month. The only piece I finished was this Draw This In Your Style for someone I've known on Instagram for a while. It's not perfect, but it was fun to do.


•I also really liked my bullet journal spread from this month, so here's a picture of that.



•Hopefully I'll continue to get more work and start making more money.

•I plan to send my first query letters mid-way through July.

•I'd love to do more art and spend time focusing on it.

•I also want to work on my health so I can stop getting sick so much.


What was June like for you? Did you go anywhere, or do anything fun? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. Your cosplay is some of the best I've seen! Pixar for the win! My mom has been telling me to watch Blade Runner recently, so I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.

    Man, June feels so long ago I don't even remember it! Lots of working, but nothing bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! You should totally watch Blade Runner, it surprised me. I'm glad your June was pretty good.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts