20 Questions Book Tag

20 Questions Book Tag

I've got a fun tag for you today. Mem tagged me in this twenty questions book tag, so that's what we're doing today. Let's head straight to the questions.



1. How many books are too many books in a book series?

I think it depends on the type of series and how good it is. If it's a mystery series, like the Hardy Boys, then you could conceivably go on for twenty books without things getting boring. But I've also read trilogies that could have done without a book, so like I said, it depends. As long as the quality doesn't degrade, right?

2. How do you feel about cliffhangers?

I love writing them, but when reading them, I'm a little more on the fence. Probably leaning towards dislike, because then I have to wait a year or more to get the next book, and by then I probably won't be as hyped up about it. Unless it was House of Hades. I started reading that in the store, I had to know what happened so bad.

3. Hardback or paperback?

I love hardcover and get them when I can. But there's also something nice about a well-love paperback in your hands.

4. Favorite book?

*glares* You know I can't answer that. You monster.

5. Least favorite book?

Today I'm going with the only book I rated one star- Cinder and Ella by Melissa Lemon. It was the most poorly written book I've ever read. The kind you wished you never finished. The Jewel would probably be up there too, but because it had a very disturbing premise.

6. Love triangles, yes or no?

No. Give me a nice love story, or even insta-love over that.

7. The most recent book you just couldn’t finish?

Uh, the last one I remember not finishing was The Star-Touched Queen. It wasn't interesting me. I've put aside other ones, but they were for other reasons. I don't DNF books a lot.

8. A book you’re currently reading?

I'm currently re-reading The House of Hades.

9. Last book you recommended to someone?

I think it was the Faerie Path. Not the best book, but they were looking for books about darker faeries.

10. Oldest book you’ve read? (publication date)

According to Goodreads, it's Pride and Prejudice, which was published in 1813.

11. Newest book you’ve read? (publication date)

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was either Wildcard or Warstorm. Because I mostly get books from the library, it's hard to know.

12. Favorite author?

Again, I can't pick. But here are a few faves. J. R. R. Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, Rick Riordan, Cressida Cowell, Marissa Meyer, and Jessica Day George.

13. Buying books or borrowing books?

I only buy books that I really enjoyed and want to have on my shelf, so probably borrowing. That way I can try a lot of different things and not have to worry about wasting money.

14. A book you dislike that everyone else seems to love?

Red Queen. I didn't like it much but I know a lot of people loved it.

15. Bookmarks or dog-ears?

Only monsters dog-ear books. I have a large tin of bookmarks and I try to match my bookmark to my current read.

16. A book you can always reread?

Lord of the Rings. There's so much complexity to those books, I notice new things every time I read them.

17. Can you read while hearing music?

It depends. Instrumental, always, music with words, if I know the music well enough. Never musicals, though.

18. One POV or multiple POVs?

If I had to pick, probably one. Multiple POVs can get confusing, so I'd rather have one well written one.

19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days?

Graphic novels and comic books, yes. Novels, sadly no. I wish I had time, but I just don't.

20. Who do you tag?

Victoria

Melissa

Gray

And you!


What are your answers to some of these questions? What's a book you didn't like everyone else did? Tell me in the comments.


Suggested Posts:

The Bibliophile Sweater Tag
Tolkien Lover Book Tag


Comments

Popular Posts