NaNoWriMo 2018 Final Update

NaNoWriMo 2018 Final Update

NaNoWriMo is officially over. My novel is not finished, but it should take a few more days to finish up.



Word Count

Final Word Count (for NaNoWriMo): 60,070

Currently Writing: The climax. I'm that close. It just wasn't quite close enough.

Mood

I feel pretty good about the way it went this year. I was nervous going into it, but I managed to complete a word count I felt happy with each day. And I was able to write 10,000+ words over the goal. Overall, I'd say not bad.

However, I am looking forward to having free time again. In December and maybe January, I'm taking a writing hiatus, from big projects, at least. I have books I want to read and life I need to catch up on. Plus, I just need a writing break.

Life Updates

Now for a few quick updates on how things have been going outside of NaNoWriMo.

• Blogging wise, I'm planning a two week break at the end of December, so I've decided to do three posts a week for that month. I'm crazy, I know.

• Due to reasons I can't really share, my family now probably has to move by the first of January. Which means we'll be packing and moving in December, if everything goes through. Another reason I want a writing break.

• My work also has extended holiday hours, which means we're open to eleven at night. And I work a lot of nights, so guess who won't be going to bed before midnight way too many nights? *raises hand* I am going to need a whole lot of perseverance for December.

And that's about it! I hope you had a good November and accomplished a lot.



How did NaNo go for you? Did you hit your word count? How was your November? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts