April 2021 Recap

April 2021 Recap

We've reached the end of April. Is it weird I really like the word April? It's especially fun to write in cursive. It got really hot here in the last few days, which I guess is better than it being cold some more.


• My sister and I went on a trip up the east coast, which was the highlight of our month. We went to Boston and Philly and had a great time. We learned a lot as well, like research more on the location your Air BnB is at, and what days are the historical buildings closed.




• Had a lovely Easter with our family. It's the first time our family has really been able to come over since all this stuff began, so it was super fun. We had lots of lovely food and I made a cake and the weather was great.


• Signed up for my third year of Poiema! I'm already looking forward to August and seeing all my camp peoples again. (And if you're interested in a summer retreat for ages 18-28, here's the link to the website- https://poiemaretreats.wordpress.com/.)


Out of Sight, Out of Time- Ally Carter (4 stars)

United We Spy- Ally Carter (5 stars)

Truly Devious- Maureen Johnson (4 stars)

To Best the Boys- Mary Weber (3 stars)

To Sleep in a Sea of Stars- Christopher Paolini (3 stars)

The Masked City- Genevieve Cogman (4 stars)

North by Night- Katherine Ayres (3 stars)

The Outsiders- S. E. Hinton (5 stars)


Moulin Rogue (funnier and more chaotic than I expected, and wow, can Ewan McGregor sing)

Let It Shine (an excellent DCOM, with rapping!)

National Treasure (for the 3,000 time)

Falcon and the Winter Soldier (great, but not nearly enough Bucky)


• You can now read the short story I submitted on Short Fiction Break! They still haven't announced the winners, but I'm proud of my work and I hope you give it a read. (It's only 1,500 words after all.)

• I'm still working on preparing New Magic for betas, but it should be ready next week! As always, it's taking more time than I thought. (I really need to get better about realistic timelines.) I'm both excited and nervous about sharing it with the world.


• Art has still been pretty slow, but I did finish my painting like I promised. Here it is, in all it's glory.



• I will send out New Magic to betas. Hopefully they will say it's good.

• I have some novel art I want to do and a Taylor Swift piece I'm working on.

• We have a lot of church and family events going on, so I'll be quite hopping.


How was your April? Have you done any traveling recently? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. Such a cute cake! Love your short story too, I'm a sucker for assassins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I too love assassins, which is why it was so fun to write.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of the DCOM Let it Shine. Another one to add to my sister's and my list! I want to see Moulin Rouge only because it has Ewan McGregor, haha! That painting gives me so much nostalgia. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good and you should watch it. I literally watched Moulin Rouge just because of him.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts