Bullet Journal Spreads for Writers

Bullet Journal Spreads for Writers

The bullet journal can be a powerful tool, even for your writing. I know there are people out there who make whole bujos dedicated to writing. I don't have the mental space to keep up with that, so I add writing spreads into my bujo. Today I'll be sharing a few of my favorites I've created over the years.


Writing Goals+Tracking

This spread is great for an overview of your writing for the year. If you like to plan ahead, you can write out ideas of where you'd like to be and when you need things done by. I personally keep this spread as a very lose guideline more than goals to accomplish.


This is a spread I've added this year and enjoyed. It's a simple tracker to write down what I worked on that day, how long I worked, and what I did. It's a great way to see how much you've actually done.


If you have a tendency to get stuck while writing, or need some extra inspiration, you can make a whole page with ideas of what to do when stuck. I made this page originally for NaNoWriMo, but you can use it at any time of year.


NaNoWriMo

I know the NaNoWriMo site can track your word count for you, but I personally like writing it down to remind myself of how much I've done. This first spread is two pages with a box divided in half for each day, where you can write the amount you wrote that day on top and the total amount in the bottom.


You can also do the same thing on a single page, as I did here.


This is another way you can track how much you've written, making a classic meter to fill in. I also added what my reward would be for each goal I reached.


You can also make a whole spread for your rewards, with little doodles like I made here.


There are plenty of others you could try out, like goal pages for specific stories, inspiration boards, and more, but this is what I've done so far. If I make some more, maybe I'll make a follow-up to this post.


Do you track your writing? Have you ever made any bujo spreads for it? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. Love the look of all these. I really need to start bullet journaling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super fun. I have some other bullet journal posts, if you're interested.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts