Being a Christian Woman in a Modern World

Being a Christian Woman in a Modern World

Being a Christian has been hard in every time period, and it will continue to be until Christ comes again. But I've been thinking about the struggles of being a faithful young woman in this day and age, so I thought I'd share my ruminations with you.

With the rise of feminism, the role of a woman has become lost. Feminists fight against the very essence of what it is to be a woman. Their thinking and ideology saturates everything in ways we don't even notice.

As I'm reaching the age where I'm starting to consider things like dating and marriage, I can see that more and more. My mom was married by my age, as were both my grandmothers if I remember correctly. Meanwhile, I'm told that it's okay that I don't have anyone in my life at 23. To take my time and don't rush to settle down.

God has a plan for each of us. He calls some of us to marriage at 19, others at 33, some maybe never. He'll lead us to the right person at the time He wants.

But I still kind of feel like we're not as focused on marriage and homemaking and family life as we used to be. Is that wrong? I don't know. I'm no expert on these things. It's just been something I've been thinking about lately.

It's so easy to slip into worldly thinking, or at least it is for me. To think I don't need anyone but Jesus (and sometimes not even him, if I'm honest). To be too independent, outspoken, and selfish.

A few generations ago, marriage and becoming a wife was what ever girl knew was in her future. They looked forward to it, prepared for it. Today, I kind of feel like people consider marriage a weak choice. Why marry your boyfriend when you're already living with him and can leave at any time?

But choosing to commit your life to someone else, to learn to live with them for the rest of your life and work through the hard times together, is anything but weak. It shows true commitment and resolve.

The thought of submitting myself to someone else does scare me. I don't want to have to give up my independence, my dreams, and the things I love. But again, I think that's feminist thinking sneaking in. Many faithful wives and mothers are still able to be authors, bloggers, and small business women.

Worldly thinking can show itself in other ways too. In a desire to "follow your heart" or "always put yourself first". To always "be yourself", even if that isn't a good person.

Does this post have a point? If anything, I just want to encourage you to be on the lookout for worldliness in your life. Look for those places that don't align with the Bible and pray that God would change them. I'm far from perfect or good at this. But I hope these words might help you to grow a little closer to God today. Blessings, my friend.



Are there any areas you struggle in your Christian faith? What are your thoughts on this topic? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:


Comments

Popular Posts