Why I Love School Stories

Why I Love School Stories

I love stories set at school, boarding school more specifically. My sister hates them and thinks I'm crazy for liking them. So I decided to write a whole post outlining why I like them. That is the sole reason for this. Enjoy.



1. Distinct Setting

One of the first reasons would be the school itself. Boarding schools in books are always in cool old mansions, full of secrets and tunnels and possibly ghosts. And they can't be in the middle of a city either, but out in the country with some nice woods all around.

2. Boarding school

I don't know if it's because I was homeschooled my whole school career, but the thought of boarding school fascinates me. I wouldn't want to personally go, because I would be homesick, but in a book, heck yes. I love the uniforms and curriculum and order of it all.


3. Mystery

These types of schools in books are always mysterious and full of secrets. Whether the characters know them or find them out depends on the story. I guess something about that appeals to me.

4. Characters

There are always such interesting characters in boarding school books. From super powered beings to mysterious pupils. Teachers who were definitely spies in another life. Or the headmaster who never seems to sleep. Plus the close setting makes for great drama.


5. Novel

And for me, I think a major reason is how different boarding school is. We don't have many of them in the US, and it's so foreign to what I know. Although I don't know why, since I too lived at my school (because it was my house).


What's a type of story you love for no great reason? Do you like school stories? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. !!! An open roast on the blog. This will not be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good school story. I think it's one of the things that makes me love Dark Academia so much. Is that they tend to have a school setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you have a point. Now I want to read more light/dark academia.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts