November 2021 Recap

November 2021 Recap

With November coming to a close, we only have one month left in 2021. Where does the time go? As an example of how not ready for 2022 I am, the other day a customer brought a receipt in from 2019 and I thought that was still last year. So yeah, here we are. Let's get on with the recap.


•November brought two birthdays in my family. My dad and my grandfather, who hit the milestone of 70 years old. We had a small party to celebrate, and I was given the honor of making his cake. We had a great time, and I made his day by dressing in 1950s style, the decade he was born.



•We had a more quiet Thanksgiving this year, with only my family and a couple people from church. But it was a good day. So much delicious food and fellowship, plus going shooting before dinner. I got to try shooting a pistol for the first time, which was fun. After dinner, my siblings and I renewed the family tradition of competitive Uno.

I colored a turkey on the tablecloth

•I upgraded my phone! For the last several years, I'd been using my dad's old s7. But he had to get a new phone, so we both went and upgraded at the same time. I now have a pretty new s21, which has an awesome camera and lots of features my old one didn't.

•Survived another Black Friday. Like many stores, we're currently very understaffed, but somehow we made it through. It was pretty much non-stop lines, but at least I guess that made the shift go by faster. My sister and I treated ourselves to pizza afterwards.


•I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed lately. I've been working more because we're understaffed, which makes a lot of shifts stressful without enough backup on the register. I feel like I can never get enough done while I'm at home and can barely keep up with the bare minimum. I'm trying to remind myself that this is a season and this too will pass. Putting my focus on Christ and not myself.


The Last Life of Prince Alastor- Alexandra Bracken (4 stars)

The Ask and the Answer- Patrick Ness (4 stars)

King of Scars- Leigh Bardugo (4 stars)

Starflight- Melissa Landers (4 stars)

American Panda- Gloria Chao (2 stars)


Little Shop of Horrors (did not like. Way more horror and less funny than I thought it would be)

Tomorrow Never Dies (campy, but fun)

The World is Not Enough (we're on a Bond kick, can you tell?)

Shanghai Knights (pretty funny, I love Jackie Chan movies)

Red Notice (not exactly what I was expecting, but not in a bad way. Also funny)

Flavors of Life (an interesting and short anime movie)


At this point, will you be shocked if I said I still didn't meet my editing goals? I've been working on it, but not as much as I should have. I didn't do any work last week because I got sick and there was a holiday. It's making me feel guilty, which it shouldn't. But I really do need to buckle down and finish this project before the new year.


I know I don't do this blog for the views or comments, but I have been a bit discouraged by how much those have dipped since I switched who sends out my posts via email. I'd love to find another provider, but so far that's been difficult. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

I also wanted to let you know that due to the busyness I've been dealing with, I'm only going to be posting on Mondays in December, unless something comes up. I'm also sorry I didn't send out a newsletter this month. I forgot to put in on my calendar, which means I didn't do it. *face palm*


I finally finished my Winx drawing! Even though it took me so long, I had fun making it and think it looks pretty cool. (Even though Alisha kind of got shoved in down at the bottom.)


I also made this cozy fall drawing. I just wanted to make a drawing with a bunch of fall stuff around a pumpkin, so I did. I made it with a mix of markers and colored pencils that looks quite nice.



•I will finish this draft of New Magic. Come hell or high water. That's going to be my top December goal.

•Have a great Christmas. I will not let the stress get to me, but fix my eyes on Christ, and put my hope in him.

•Get ready for 2022. Set up my bullet journal, analyze this year, make goals for next year, etc. I already have next year's bujos picked out and sitting in my room.


How was your November? What did you do for Thanksgiving? Tell me in the comments!

Suggested Posts:



Comments

  1. Hi!
    I'm glad you had a wonderful November, even if it was stressful. :) As always, I'm impressed by your drawings and you look awesome in 1950's attire. I've also noticed that comments and views on blogs lately have decreased and wanted to let you know that I really enjoy reading what you post, even if I don't comment often. Hope you have a great day!
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you. Your comment meant a lot to me this morning. I'm a bit of a lurker too, so I understand not commenting a lot. You have a wonderful day as well :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts