7 Things To Do To Raise Your Spirits


We all have those days where our spirits seem to be dragging in the dirt. I know I do. Anything can cause it. A rainy day. Something not going the way you planned. Bad news. Donald Trump being elected president.

It's also week 2 of NaNoWriMo, one of the hardest weeks. You've passed the beginning exhilaration, and you can't see the finish line yet. You might be feeling discouraged and want to give up.

So today I'm going to give you some ways to lift your spirits when you're feeling low. These are some of the things that help me, and I hope they help you too.


1. Listen to your favorite music

Music has the amazing ability to completely influence our mood. That's why a score is so important to a film. One of my favorite things to do when I'm feeling blue (oh look, I rhymed) is to turn on my favorite music. I like something with a beat. It might be Taylor Swift, Disney, or a musical. Singing and dancing along almost always makes me feel better.

2. If you're a musician, play something

If you play some sort of instrument, it's also a great way to deal with your feelings. Get out your instrument and play whatever you want. Your favorite songs. That piece you really love. I find playing music therapeutic.

3. Create something

Draw something. Write a poem. Craft. Sculpt. Whatever makes you happy to make, do it. Being creative is an excellent way to forget everything else that's going on.


4. Cook or bake

Making food can also be spirit lifting. There's nothing like eating something you made yourself, whether it's a bowl of soup or a cookie with gooey chocolate chips. It helps you feel better, and you end up with something tasty in the end. Or if you don't have time to make something, just eat some chocolate. That works too.

5. Watch a funny movie

Get out your favorite comedy, Disney movie, or whatever makes you laugh. Best done with a friend and some snacks. Laughter is the best medicine, right?


6. Memes and cat videos

Just search Pinterest for minion memes. You'll fall out of your chair with laughter. Look up cat videos and you'll feel better in no time. Who knew watching a cat could be so humorous?

7. Get moving

Go out to the mall and walk around. Explore a new museum or visit an old one. Exercise. Invite a friend and do a super hard workout video from someone like Blogilates. Go for a nature walk. Don't allow yourself to sit there having a pity party. Do something.

Those are my tips. I know things can be hard sometimes, but we need to remember to laugh and enjoy life. If none of these work for you, find your own ways to feel less blue. Smile!


*  *  *

NaNoWriMo update: As of yesterday, I was around 16,000 words. This week's been going a little better than last week, but I'm still a bit frustrated about my Etsy shop. Still, I'm pretty happy with my progress.

What do you do when you're feeling down? What's your go to thing for laughs? Share in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts