The Character Karaoke Tag


I was tagged in the Character Karaoke tag by Melissa@Quill Pen Writer. It's a tag to talk about characters and music. I love both, so let's get started. I'll be doing this with my NaNoWriMo novel, Goggles, Corsets, and Cyborgs.

What song best describes the mood of your novel?

Tough one. "The Game is On" from Sherlock is certainly one. It has the excitement, danger, and edge that my story has.


But also Lindsey Stirling's "Shatter Me". That song captures my characters' want for freedom.



Pick a character and a song to describe them.

I choose Elle for this one. The song to describe her is "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten.


This describes Elle well because it's her personality to fight and not give up. The people around her doubt her, but she ignores them and keeps going.

One of your characters is at a karaoke night when- gasp! They've been chosen to get up and sing. What song do they choose an how do they perform it?

Let's go with Elle again. She'd perform "Somebody" from Lemonade Mouth. Her singing would be excellent, but hard to hear because she's afraid of performing.

Go to song for writing battle scenes?

Probably one of the songs from the Lord of the Rings soundtrack. They're great and have lots of emotions. Or Pirates of the Caribbean. Those can get your blood pumping.

I tag anyone who wants to participate.

What's your favorite type of music? Do you have character theme songs? Let me know in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts