Creative Corner


November's almost at its end. How can a month feel short and long at the same time? I love NaNoWriMo, but I'm looking forward to having my life back. Anyway, on to this month's creative endeavors.

This month, on November 18, Mickey Mouse turned 88. Can you believe in twelve years he'll be one hundred? In honor of his birthday, I drew Mickey. I may have stayed up half the night trying to get my word count done, but it was worth it.


And since I've just been trying to write 50,000 words, I haven't had a lot of time to be creative in other ways. So here are two previews of some things I'm working on.

My pastor said the phrase "You are not alone" in his sermon last Sunday. I liked so much I decided to illustrate it.


And this is going to be a steampunk 10th doctor and Martha. It's coming along, but it's certainly a more complicated drawing.


I need to work on my art photographing skills. Sorry these don't look that good. Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed this sneak peek.

*  *  *

NaNoWriMo Update: It's a busy week for me. I had a media preview of the Christmas trains at the US Botanical Gardens Tuesday (which I need to do a post on), and of course yesterday was Thanksgiving. But I'm still going strong. Word count as of Thursday: 41,433 words.

What sort of creative things have you done this month (besides write a novel)? Do you like making fan art? Let me know in the comments.

Comments

Popular Posts