Inktober 2017: A Recap

Inktober 2017: A Recap

I'd never heard of Inktober until October 1 (the day it starts). Someone I follow on Instagram said they were doing it, so I looked it up. I was quite interested by what my research revealed, so I did something crazy. I decided to join at the last minute.

If you don't know, Inktober is a month long challenge to draw one picture in ink every day. You're allowed to make a pencil sketch to help you, but the finished drawing has to be in ink. Then you take a picture and post it on social media with #inktober.

When it finished, I managed to do 28 days. My goal was at least twenty, so only missing three days was pretty good. I thought it would be fun to do a post showing all the art I created for it so those who don't follow me on Instagram could have a look. It was fun and really stretched my creative limits. My favorite ones I did were my zentangles and Disney characters. Enjoy.


A line from Taylor Swift's "Starlight" that I illustrated.


Ursula. This is the first of the Disney characters I drew without using any pencil sketching first. Straight pen to paper. It was scary, but an awesome challenge. Also, isn't she scary?


The Superman symbol.


Hana, the main character from The Girl with the Sword.


The moon from the George Melies film A Trip to Moon.


A mandala, because they're fun to draw.


Anduril, Aragorn's sword.


The BFG and Sophie. Not great, but I enjoyed drawing it.


Ariel, the second drawn straight pen to paper.


Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King.


A zentangle of a shattered heart. One of my favorites that I did.


Run! Nine and Rose doing what they do best. Running around and saving the world.


Aragorn, the mysterious Ranger of the north.


A ballerina musical snowglobe, inspired by Lindsey Stirling's Shatter Me video (one of my favorites of hers).


Mickey Mouse! He's 89 this year. Can you believe he'll be ninety next year?


Raining jewels. Just because I wanted to do something abstract.


Zentangle pumpkin. Isn't he cute?


Loki, god of mischief. As I've said before, one of my favorite Marvel characters.


Vanellope von Schweetz, also drawn with straight pen.


Another mandala.


A quote from the Lord of the Rings in Hobbit script.


Martin the Warrior, one of the big heroes from the Redwall series.


Delicious hot chocolate in a cute mug.


One of my favorite verses from Psalms. I love the way it came out.


Wreck-It Ralph. He's got the weirdest shaped head. One of those things you notice when drawing something.


A violin, in honor of seeing a Lindsey Stirling violin and outfit at the American History Museum. I was so flipped to see it, I can't even put it in words.


Winnie the Pooh, my favorite bear. I've loved him since I was small.


And lastly, a clockwork droid mask from Doctor Who. Specifically, the Girl in the Fireplace. Isn't it creepy?

Let's talk! Have you ever done inktober? What do you enjoy drawing? Do any of these catch your eye? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. OH MY HEAVENS, RACHEL!!! THESE DRAWINGS ARE SUPER FANTASTIC!!!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are amazing!!! XD I loved the Venelope one, the LotR ones, the Loki one, and Martin one. Oooh, and the Superman symbol. Great work, Rachel!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely drawings!:) I love the one of Ariel.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I like that one too. Thanks for commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts