NaNoWriMo Update #2

NaNoWriMo Update #2

Wow, can we be already halfway through the month, and halfway through NaNoWriMo? It feels like it just started. Anyway, let's talk about things have been for the last week.

Current Wordcount

29,482 words (before writing today)

How It's Going

It's still going good. I've had some days in the past week where I haven't wanted to write all those words, but I've pushed through and gotten them written anyway. Then I have the occasional day like yesterday where I'm at a part that's flowing beautifully.

My novel's been going almost suspiciously well. I haven't hit any major roadblocks or set backs, except for one scene I started over after a few paragraphs. It makes me wonder if that's good or bad? Is something going to stop me in my tracks in a few days? I guess we'll see.

We'll also see how next week goes. There's Thanksgiving, and my family is going several places, so it's going to be busy. However, I am ahead in my wordcount goals, so if I have to write a little less, I can.

Other Thoughts

• I'm still working through Marvel soundtracks. I've done all the Avengers and Captain Americas, now I'm onto Thor.

• Fight scenes (the arguing kind, not the combat kind) are difficult to write. I just did one and don't like how it came out, but that can be saved for editing.

• My sister and I have decided to make Sundays our word sprint days, because we have less time to write, and the competition makes it go faster.

• I'm binge reading the whole Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard series (because I just got book three) and I just started Stranger Things. We'll see how far I get in that, since I'm not a big fan of scary stuff.

Some GIFs


Me writing a plot twist. Bwahaha!


Me when it's time to start writing some days. . .


vs when I'm done.

Let's talk! How's your writing been this week? Do you like word sprints? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. My writing this week has been non-existent. XP I've been WAY TO BUSY, but that will all end next week. XD
    I'm glad your writing is going well!!! XD The Thor soundtracks are some of my favorites, especially the second movie's music. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had those busy weeks too. I'm glad you'll get a break next week. Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome post, Rachel! I love the GIFs, they are so accurate. 30K on halfway? That is super awesome!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you liked the post. I'm excited that I'm ahead of my wordcount goals this year, so I can take off Thanksgiving.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts