NaNoWriMo Update #1

NaNoWriMo Update #1

It's been a little over a week since NaNoWriMo started, so it's time for my first update. How much have I written? How am I feeling about it? Have I gone crazy yet? Read on to learn the answers to all these questions.

And also, don't get discouraged by where ever anyone else is in their word count. We all write at our own pace and all our lives are different. Even if it's one of those people who wrote all 50K in three days, just remember they probably didn't do anything else those three days. Just thought I'd put that out there.

Current Word Count

15,846 words (before writing today)

How It's Been Going

I feel like writing is going smoothly this year. My daily goal is 1,850 words because I'm trying to reach 55K, and I've been hitting that every day. Sometimes I'm even getting 2,000 words.

This year I'm typing it on my laptop, instead of writing it out by hand then typing it up, like I have in previous years, so that's saved a lot of time. I've been able to get my writing done by lunch most days. I'm feeling pretty good about it, at least this week.

The first day of NaNo was especially interesting as I had to go with my dad to DC pretty early in the morning. I still got my writing done, but it wasn't the most ideal situation. I did feel quite professional, though, writing in the car with my frappe.

Other Thoughts

I'm not going to say a lot here this week, since Saturday I'll be doing Beautiful Books, but here's a few things about my writing.

• I've been listening through the Marvel soundtracks. It's interesting hearing how they work in themes from movie to movie but manage to keep them fresh. Also, Bucky's theme from Captain America: The Winter Soldier is creepy. It has scream sounds in it.

• I've created a character I really love in my novel and now I'm sad he doesn't have more page time. Maybe in book three.

• I finished my map of Wonderland. It looks really good, if I do say so myself.

A Few GIFs

Because why not?


Me waving goodbye to the real world when NaNoWriMo begins.


How I think I look while writing. . .


But this is probably more accurate.

Let's talk! How's NaNoWriMo (or whatever you're writing) going for you? Do you have a favorite Marvel soundtrack? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. I'm not doing NaNaWriMo, but I am attempting to write a little on my Pirate WIP. It's going pretty slow. :-Z YES FOR MARVEL SOUNDTRACKS!!! I love the Bucky theme; it is super creepy. :-D Wow, that's a huge word count! Keep up the great work! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I love pirates. What's your story about? And I've had slow novels too, so don't worry.
      When you're doing NaNoWriMo, it is amazing how the words pile up. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

      Delete
    2. I'm not entirely sure yet... but I think it's about a girl named Eden who gets left a secret by her deceased father... and it will eventually involve pirates (obviously), sea creatures, and pocket watches. XD It's a very new WIP. XD I will write a blog post about it when I have the synopsis written.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts