NaNoWriMo Update #4

NaNoWriMo Update #4

NaNoWriMo ends today. Can you believe November is already over? I feel like this has been one of the shortest months this year. Isn't it weird how some months feel longer or shorter, even though they don't physically change?

Current Wordcount

51,115 words! *sets off fireworks*

How It's Going

I won today! This morning, in fact. This is my third year winning NaNoWriMo in a row. I love the dorky little videos the NaNoWriMo team puts together for winners. It's silly, but it makes me feel good to watch it.

I had a bit of a panic around Saturday when I finished my novel and still had about five thousand words to write. So I went back through and found some places where I missed scenes, or told instead of showed, and added a sort of side quest, which brought my wordcount up to the one I won with today.

If you can, I suggest getting ahead in your wordcount at the beginning of the month when the fire to write is still fresh. It really helps later when you don't feel it as much anymore. Like the past few days I've only had to write about five hundred words, or today when I only wrote fifty-something.

Other Thoughts

• I had a great Thanksgiving. My mom's family came over and we had a great time. I tried a Pioneer Woman (my mom loves her) mashed potato recipe that was simply divine. And my aunt beat my siblings and me at Uno tournement.

• I love Indiana Jones. I've seen the first and third movies (the second is too scary, my mom says) and I want to see the fourth one soon. He is so awesome. Doesn't hurt that he's played by Harrison Ford.

• It's time to get ready for Christmas! We're decorating this weekend and we went to a Christmas train display on Sunday. One of my favorite new albums this year is Lindsey Stirling's Warmer in the Winter. You must listen to it. Part electric violin, part big band sound. Complete awesome.

• Oh, and you may have seen a little trailer dropped yesterday for some film called Avengers Infinity War? Watch it because it is so freakin' awesome. I literally had to keep myself from squealing aloud when I saw it. I can't wait to see how everything ties into it.

Some GIFs


Me trying to think of ways to up my wordcount.


That feeling when you've finished your novel.


And the feeling of accomplishment that follows. Just think of all the free time you have for two days before you start writing or editing something else because you're bored and don't want to shot holes in a smiley face on your wall. (If you understand that reference, and that one, you're awesome.)

Let's talk! How did NaNoWriMo go for you? Did you do it or did you finish? Are you ready for Christmas time? Tell me in the comments.

Comments

  1. Congratulations, Rachel!!!!

    (No, not even close to being ready for x-mas!)

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) Hopefully you'll be ready soon.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts