March Recap

March Recap

March is quite the mixed bag in Maryland. It can be cold enough to snow and warm enough you don't need a jacket. Wardrobe choices are difficult, if you can't tell. For example, it snowed on the second day of spring and this weekend it's been in the 60s. Well, I'll stop rambling about weather now and get on to what I've done.

What I Did

• Spent some time with friends. We went out for pizza to celebrate one of my friends 18th birthday and I had another one over for their 21st birthday. Both were fun.

• And not much else. We had Rita's ice for the first day of spring, but this month was pretty calm and normal. It was nice.

Blog

• I've decided for now I'm going back to two posts a week, with the occasional third post. I don't think three posts a week is right for me right now. Maybe I'll try again later.

• My top post this month was a discussion about my dyslexia and how it affects my writing and reading. 

Watch/Listened

• This month some new watches included the first two Pitch Perfects and Goodbye Christopher Robin. The later was amazing and any Winnie the Pooh fans should watch it immediately.

• I finished season two of The Crown with my family. Spectacular. That last episode, the scene with Elizabeth and Philip especially. I just wish they didn't have to change actors.

• Did a Star Wars marathon in preparation for The Last Jedi. I haven't done one of those in a while and it was great watching them all in order. I was reminded of how well Rogue One sets up Episode IV when we watched them.

• I didn't do a lot of new listening this month, but I did put together a motivational playlist for myself. It was quite fun to do and plan on adding to it in the future.

Writing/Art

• I'm up to 35k in Horsemen and Hollows, which to be honest, is behind where I'd like to be. It's also coming up short, again. I'll probably have to go back and add in scenes I missed.

• I had some kind of big goals in editing and I didn't get to all of them. But I did get some good work done. The Girl with the Sword also had a name change to Out of the Shadows: Hero by Night. It's ending is giving me difficulty.

• I got done Doctors two and three in my project. I like them both. I also drew a cyberpunk/post-apocalyptic mermaid and illustrated a quote from The Little Prince.





Mood

Overall, good. I decided to put a mood tracker in my bullet journal to help me keep better track of it during the month. I only got a little stress this week as I had some stuff about the future on my mind.

April Thoughts

• I've got lots of editing to do and I want to reach 50k on HH by the middle of the month.

• I want to finish Doctors 4 and 5. (Four is my mom's favorite.)

Let's talk! What have you done this month? Do you like quiet or busy months better? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

A Writer's Guide to Characters with Glasses
Blogging 101: Writing a Blog Post

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts