April Recap

April Recap

April is coming to an end and it's finally decided to act like spring here in Maryland. Everything is turning green, the temperature is warm enough to wear short sleeves, and I can finally sleep without three blankets, a hoodie, and socks. (No joke on that one. I get cold easily.) April wasn't a bad month for me, although we'll see about May. (More on that later.) For now, let's get this party started.

What I Did

• Had a lovely Easter with a bunch of people from our church. There was food, we played games, and we got to help hide the Easter eggs for the younger kids. It was lots of fun.

• I performed at my last recital, playing "Czardas" by V. Monti. I think I did a good job.

Me, my sister, and my teacher

• I finally finished the gigantic Alexander Hamilton biography. It wasn't easy, but I made it through.


• I was sick for a week or so in the middle of the month, and this month was pretty calm, so beyond those, I don't think I did a lot of big things.

Blog

• My top post this month is a type between Original vs. Remake: Cinderella and Why You Should Read/Watch Things for Children.

• We're going away next month, so I'll probably have a picture post for you when our trip is over.

Watched/Listened

• I finally got to see two of my most anticipated movies from last year- The Greatest Showman and The Last Jedi. Both were fantastic, but I couldn't believe the ending of the later. I was not very happy about that.

• I also watched a new Studio Ghibli film, Spirited Away, the first two Spider-man movies with Tobey McGuire, and Thor: Ragnarok. Speaking of Thor, I'm so terrified of Infinity War spoilers right now. I probably won't be able to see it in theaters and people aren't very considerate with the spoilers.

• If you haven't heard the Black Panther soundtrack (not the album), you should go listen to it right away. It's beautiful and the African music reminded me a lot of The Lion King.

Writing/Art

• I finished the first draft of Horsemen and Hollows. While it came out shorter than I wanted, that's okay. I can add in more in the editing. I always seem to miss stuff anyway.

• I wrote a short story that I'm going to edit in the next week or two. It's about a magical ticket booth, a girl named Megan, and the journey she goes on.

• I did finally figure out the ending of Out of the Shadows. I found out what it was missing and everything clicked. Best feeling ever.

• As for art, I finished Doctors four and five. On the side, I drew No Face and watercolored a lyric from The Greatest Showman.





Mood

Let me check my mood tracker. (Which I am horrible at keeping up. Something to improve next month.) I felt pretty good this month. A few stressful days, plus the sick ones in the middle, but not bad at all.

May Thoughts

• Allow me to run screaming in circles because May is so busy. It's already trying to make me stressed, but I refuse to let it.

• I hope to get editing on a novel I haven't looked at in a while, plus start pre-writing a new novel. I'm already feeling excited.

• I want to draw the next two Doctors- six and seven. I'm also thinking about maybe trying to sketch daily, to help me improve my drawing. I don't know about that, though.

• I need to continue to have self-control at the library so I can hopefully get down to having only around ten library books at time.

Let's talk! What have you done this month? How was your Easter? What do you do to keep from being stressed? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

March Recap
Writing About Difficult Topics

Comments

  1. Hey, Rachel!
    Sounds like you had a good month! Your recital looked fun! Ooh, I loved The Last Jedi and can't wait to watch The Greatest Showman. The Black Panther soundtrack is beautiful! YES, me too on the Infinity War spoilers!!! I can't watch it until it comes out in DVD, so I think it will be spoiled for me. The Rewrite the Stars picture was gorgeous!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mem. Let's both hope we can avoid all spoilers, as unlikely as it is, and I hope you have a good month.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts