5 Reasons to Watch The Crown

5 Reasons to Watch The Crown

I'm a big fan of royalty. I have been ever since I was young and read the Royal Diaries series and watched all the Disney princess movies. My sister and I even watched the royal wedding, way back in 2011. So it probably doesn't come as a surprise that I watch The Crown, along with my parents and sister. This post is going to be five reasons why you should go watch the whole thing on Netflix right now, and probably have a lot of little fangirling.


1) Queen Elizabeth II


Queen Elizabeth II is the longest reigning British monarchy, is still ruling at 92, and is an amazing woman. She has navigated one of the most difficult times in British history as monarchies become less of a thing. The show really shows how she went from an innocent young girl to a strong and decisive queen, and all the hard decisions she's had to make along the way. (And she does The Princess Diaries wave. It makes me so happy to see it.)

2) Excellent casting


I watched the first trailer for season one because I recognized Matt Smith on the thumbnail, from behind at a three-quarter angle, even though he was blond. Not that I'm obsessed or anything. But besides him, the whole cast is the best. They did a great job not only finding people that look creepily like the real people, they also do a great job acting like them. Claire Foy is amazing, Matt Smith is amazing, everybody is amazing.

The only sad thing is that none of them are coming back for season three. They have to look older, so they're replacing the main actors. How they can get better choices, I don't know. Also, what's the point without Claire and Matt? Although I'm sure the replacements, whoever they may be will do fine.

3) Amazing cinematography and acting


If you're into the more technique side of the movies, especially things like shots, you'll love this show. They have this way of placing shots so they are beautifully symmetrical or able to be divided down the middle with the most important thing in the center of the screen. And just the placement of some of the shots is great.

Not only is the cinematography perfect, the acting is superb. I love how they put so much subtext into the dialog. It's not always about what the characters are saying, it's what they're not. And then there are the times they have a shot of someone's face and you don't need any dialog. You can pick up exactly what they're thinking from a quirk of an eyebrow or set of the jaw. (If this isn't your thing, oh well. Just allow me to gush over things like a perfect shot or excellent scene.)

4) It's a history lesson


(Hint: Homeschoolers, I bet your mom will let you get away with watching this as your "history lesson" if you don't want to do your normal one.) But besides that, it's actually quite interesting. I've learned so much from this show, and about 90% of it or more is absolutely true. And since the show covers such a large period, you really get a good bit of history in.

5) All the feels


O.M.goodness, the feels in this show are everywhere. From when her father dies to her marriage problems with Philip, to the last episode of season 2 (one of my absolute favorites), there is so much emotion in the show. I don't remember ever crying, but it has certainly pulled on my heartstrings. Prepare for the onslaught.

Let's talk! Have you watched The Crown? If so, please fangirl with me down below. What is your favorite episode so far? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

5 Reasons to Watch The Princess Bride
Character Breakdown: Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice

Comments

  1. Ooh, this series sounds really good! I don't have Netflix though, so I don't think I'll be able to watch it... (it's so unfair I feel like I'm missing out on so many good shows *sobs*)

    Andrea // https://spaceshipsvampiresandsecretagents.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad. However, they are starting to sell some Netflix shows on DVD, so you could always check around.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts