May Recap

May Recap

Whew. I made it through all the things we had in May. It was a busy month for the first few weeks, but the last few weren't so bad. Weather wise, we managed to miss all the rain by going to North Carolina. Score. It's getting nice and summery feeling outside.

What I Did

• Went to North Carolina. You can read my recap of that trip here.

• My sister had her senior photo shoot and her final orchestra concert. She's graduating this year. Gosh, I feel old.

• My family had a birthday and Mother's Day on the same day, so that was fun. My sister and I made a mash-up of two mom songs for our mom, so if you want to check that out, we'd love it.

Blog

• My most popular posts were 8 Weird Things Writers Do and Death in Books and Movies.

• I'm almost at 60 followers on Instagram. If you'd like to be one, you can find the link in the sidebar. I post awesome bookstagram pictures, memes, inspiration, and more. I'm also thinking of doing something when I get to 100 followers.

Watched/Listened

• New movies this month were Black Panther, Murder on the Orient Express, and Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle. My thoughts were awesome, loved it, and super funny respectively.

• We also borrowed a large collection of Studio Ghibli movies from a friend, so we've been watching through them. I haven't had one I disliked yet. They're just so magical, even the ones without magic.

• Did anyone else hear the new Hamildrop, "First Burn"? It was amazing and you must go watch it immediately.

• I've also been trying some younger artists, like Daya, Alessia Cara, and Rachel Platten. My feelings are mixed. I like some of their songs, other ones are kind of meh.

Writing/Art

• I've started editing a story I haven't looked at in a while, called Lucy's Story for now. It's got good bones, but needs work. It's going well so far.

• I'm also working on Jeremiah Was a Bullfrog's sequel. JWAB has a new name now, and I figured out one for the sequel. They are now called The Princess and the Bullfrog and The Warrior and the Wizard.

• In art, I drew Doctors six and seven and painted a spring painting for our room with my sister.




Mood

Overall good. Especially during our trip. There's nothing like a get-away to lift the spirits.

June Thoughts

• Gotta get the next two Doctors done. I'm halfway there!

• I plan on starting writing The Warrior and the Wizard and continuing my editing. I'd also like to start thinking about a publishing plan.

• I want to do a mid-year review so I can keep on track with my goals for this year.

Let's talk! What have you done this month? Any travel plans for the summer? Tell me in the comments.

Suggested Posts:

10 Signs You Might Be a Bookworm
5 Reasons to Watch the Crown

Comments

  1. It sounds like you had a pretty good month! I had a busy month with a lot of sports and school work. I think everything is slowing down now. I love your spring painting!!! It's so pretty!!! Nope, the only travel plans I have are to other realms. XP Do you have travel plans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Still want to watch Black Panther...

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts